Monday, November 06, 2023

Not a morning person

Today, I feel better than yesterday but am still a tad foggified. It is pitch dark at 5:30. Now begins the 4 month wait for the regaining of the light. 

But also, the heat. I'd rather just have the light.

Today's temperature was perfect. Now, if I was a morning person, going out for a walk would be great at 6:30am!  But I'm an evening person. And even at that .... not too much. 

I woke up at 7:30, but hit snooze a dozen times. Oh were that I able to be a morning person. Lord, the things I could get done.

Last night I talked to Doug for the first time in like a week. He brought his mom home yesterday and she's been doing well. Four hours of Masterpiece was more than he could tolerate so he went outside to call me as he was going for a walk. He let me know our car is acting badly, smoke coming out of the engine, not behaving well overall. So he got an appointment for tomorrow with a local service station that does BMW and Mini. He had anticipated coming home tomorrow afternoon but I said to stay as long as he needs to, if they can't fix the car tomorrow, Wednesday, just come home when it is ready and safe. 

His mom is doing well. She had PT today, and is incredibly happy to be home in her space. I am glad she is. I'm glad he could be there for her. And she has not needed much for help at home so he's feeling comfortable about returning, once the car is ready. I'll be happy to have him home with me.

I went for a walk at a little bit before 5. Figured I'd get a good solid 20 minutes in. Maybe I'd trot for some of it, like the other day (hell yeah). A co-worker messaged me that he needed help with something so I went home and helped. Then felt like crap ... i was going to do a longer walk but now it is time to make dinner! So I did the other 10 in the house. And walked around the outside of the house a while when dinner was grilling to get some extra steps in. Managed to hit my minimal goal (7k) for the day even though it wasn't all what I'd planned.

Dinner was outstanding tonight, if I say so myself. Geoff said that he and Doug didn't grill much while I was away and that's a damn shame. This is grilling weather. So tonight I marinated some chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. The marinade, if you're curious,  was yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, turmeric, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. The broccoli was just steamed perfectly and tossed in butter and salt. Gotta say that is was a good simple meal. The marinade was great against the broccoli, and I wanted to retain some of the chicken for some chicken salad tomorrow but.... I ate what was left over. 

Then I was full of regrets. 

Gonna send Geoff to the market tomorrow, I want to make this again!

I talked to Linda for a while, starting to make our plans for me to return next week. I have a couple phone calls to make still for a lawyer and trying to get some plans in place. And then, for no real reason, I ate a pbj sandwich. I guess I'm still hungry? Hope it doesn't wreck my blood sugar for tomorrow. 

Anyway. No pictures really. I'm too lazy to get one off my phone. Digits below! 






digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 7300 approx steps for the day.
10 min walk outside cut short (was aiming for 20) because a co-worker messaged me with an emergency; another 10min solid indoors during the 6pm hour.

blood glucose:

8:45am: 166
5pm: 179
10:45pm: 135

food:

coffee, water
11:30: 2 good yogurt, metformin
12:30: 2 slices of super nutty bread (42 grams carbohydrates minus 10 for 32 net carbs) butter, pb, low sugar jelly
1:30: 2 100k bars (halloween snack size)
3pm: 2 baby bell cheddar 
5:30pm: Marinated chicken breasts (yogurt, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, turmeric); steamed broccoli; white wine.
6:15pm: metformin+jardiance
7:15: the last 3 bits of grilled chicken (thought about making chicken salad for tomorrow but no). 
more white wine.
11pm: pbj sandwich on 647 italian (not sure why I'm hungry but. I am)






No comments:

Post a Comment