Tuesday, November 28, 2023

What if I run into traffic?

Today, mom had a hair appointment and I told her we'd leave at 11:50 for her 12:15 appointment. She flipped out. 

Her: We'll never get there in time. 

Me: Yes we will.

Her: What if we run into traffic!

Me: Ma, it is less than 10 minutes away. Faster if we take the highway, but I know you don't like the highway so we will take the back roads. 25 or even 20 minutes is plenty of time. And there are alternate routes if we run into traffic, it is going to be okay.

Her: I'll just drive myself! Goddamnit!

Me: No. You're silly. Stop it. I am meeting a friend for lunch over there so no, you will not drive yourself, I'm driving you, but we don't want to be there and sitting waiting for 20 minutes because you think we'll somehow run into traffic. 

I finally break down and tell her to get in the car at 11:40. Just shut the fuck up. Get in the fucking car. 

I wanted an extra 10 minutes to rake some leaves off the walkway, which she bitched about them being all over and in her way. 

I said well I could have been spending time doing THAT instead of driving you over to a hair appointment hella early, but yeah okay. Here we are. 

We got there at 11:48. The hairdresser actually came outside when she saw us drive up and said "her appointment isn't until 12:15." 

Oh honey, we know. I acknowledged that and said "she'll sit here until a reasonable time to go in." 

After a while I said "do they have a nice waiting area?" and she said yes. Good. Go inside, sit on a couch or comfy chair, bye. I'm going to meet my friend for lunch.


So, my son is like this, too. Geoff, your appointment isn't until 10, it is a 20 minute drive, why are you leaving at 8:30. 

"What if I run into traffic." 

Lord have mercy, he's her grandson for sure. 

Anyway, had a lovely lunch with another Guster pal, he came down from Boston to meet with me, and we had a blast chatting and catching up while mom got curly.  I realized that where we were sitting was directly across the water from where we had Thanksgiving. Huh. Interesting.

I have a lot I want to do. I want to dig through the storage and find some Christmas decorations. I'm just tired and weary tonight. And I'm not here much longer. So I need to like, do the things. 

Pictures, and, of course, digits below. Here's Me and V. and then I broke out of Pizza Jail and it was worth it. 


digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps. no dedicated 10. 6100+ steps by publish

blood glucose:

8am: 173
5pm: 198
10pm: 181

food:

coffee, water
9am: cranberry orange nut muffin w/butter
11:30am: Metformin
12:30pm: 2 beers; bar pizza buffalo chicken
5:30pm: left over salad and buffalo fingers from last night
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
wine

No comments:

Post a Comment