Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Not sure if it is possible for me to hate Connecticut more, but, here we are

I left my house at 10. Got some bloodwork done and got on the highway. The GPS had me arriving at 6:45, and I knew I'd take breaks and stretch and do steps and stuff, so I was aiming for 7:30. Maybe I'd stop at mom's favorite foodrinkery and get a hot damn awesome fried chicken sammitch upon arrival. 

Instead, Connecticut had other plans for me. 

I got over the Cuomo bridge, and through Rye and the last of NY state, onto 95, things were awesome. Until Cos Cob. 

I've always wondered how Cos Cob got its name, so here's some resource helpfulness from the internet that I found when I pulled over at the rest area in Darien, and hour later. Interesting stuff. Fun to ponder over some chicken nuggets at the rest area.

It took 2 hours to go 10 exits. 

Now, once upon a time, Waze and Google Maps would push out better routes, if you went and asked for them, or "Recalculating" would come out of the phone, and lady would find you a new route.  

Nope. Not in this case. She recommended nothing. None. Getting off on Rte 1 and following the Post Road with all its stoplights wasn't going to be any faster than this goddamn hellscape. Going up to Merritt Parkway - similar expectations, with fewer opportunities to get out and "rest." I got all my steps in, because I stopped 5-10 min before the top of the hour, did that hour's steps, and then the next hour, so I wouldn't have to think about it until the top of the hour 2 hours later. I'm smart like that. 

I had a really nice walk around the Vince Lombardi Rest Area too. 

Getting to my mom's at 9:30, she was awake and waiting for me. And called me twice to make sure I was okay (hard to talk while driving, ma!) 

I got settled in for the night - too many pillows and warm blankets on this bed, but, it's comfy and home and ready for me. Thankful for Linda and the other hands that set things up, including my mom.

Mom: I made the bed for you. The sheets were a bitch to get on the bed.
Me: you didn't need to do that, I could have done that.
Mom: But, you got here so late, it is one less thing for you to think or worry about. 
Me: Thank you very much. I appreciate that, totally. 

I opened the windows and reblocked the heating vents, which had been cleared of blockers to keep the heat from pumping up in here. I noted a friend was commenting on my pictures from yesterday so I knew she was online, and she lives in Mexico - so I asked if she wanted to video chat. 

We had a great catch up and made a lot of fun of Connecticut. The "Just Passing Through" state. 

It's late and I should go to bed, but I am wide the hell awake, and hope I can fall asleep. Big day of work junk tomorrow. 

Here's a map. Digits below.

digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   No dedicated 10 but approx 7800 steps for the day, even with the car ride

blood glucose:

7:45am: 175
xpm: n/a - no reading on the road 
10pm: 214 (took metformin+jardiance late)
midnight: 189

food:

coffee, water
11am: cashews & cheese from the rest area. Metformin
7pm: double quarterpounder w/cheese; 6 mcnuggets; diet coke
10pm: wine; metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment