Thursday, September 05, 2024

Marigolds and Mushrooms

Last night Doug went to bed and I continued working until a little before midnight. My brain could not make work do thing, think brain go. I packed the laptop up, and looked into the bedroom. Doug was asleep, the dog was asleep, my brain was still spinning, realizing I left a thing off the spreadsheet. I wanted to go back and correct that but instead wrote it down. You need to stop obsessing on this spreadsheet. 

Bed. 

I wanted to listen to a podcast, so I headed to the guest room so I wouldn't disturb Doug and Dog. 

I think I heard 4 minutes of the podcast before I fell asleep fully. I didn't just kind of fall asleep, I woke up at 4 and wondered what the hell truck just hit me. Toffee was up against my back, so she found me at some point in the night, and I couldn't roll over so I had to just get up. Good thing too, go pee. 

Restarted the podcast and got to hear 4 more minutes of it, asleep again. 

I woke up organically before 8, which for me is weird. Up before Doug. Up before Toffee. Up before Geoff. I stayed on the bed a while, just thinking about the spreadsheet. 

Luckily, my colleague I'm working with starts work at 7:30 so she had time to look it over and approved of the work (I don't know that she has any idea how long that thing took me). 

We came outside to work today, me and Toffee. Another perfect weather day. 

And for a picture today....

Yesterday when I watered the plants, I noticed some shrooms growing in my marigolds. It was a perfect little cluster, and they were so cute, plump, shiny, that they made me smile. I decided this morning to take a picture. 

They changed a lot in less than 24 hours. Gross and shriveled, meh. Not so pretty. Amazing though how quickly they changed. 

Digits below.


digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. 20 min indoor walk. 6500+ steps by bedtime (a work emergency sat me down for 2 solid hours so I didn't get to do night time wanderings.

blood glucose:

8am: 167
4pm: 125
10:15pm: 190

food:
coffee/water
10:30am: english muffin w/pb and a little cherry preserves
noon: metformin
2pm: big chunk of havarti cheese 
6:30pm: mac & cheese w/hamburger; metformin+jardiance
10pm: big chunk of Gouda cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment