Sunday, September 29, 2024

It's All Hilarious

Got up at a decent time this morning when I heard Doug talking and Toffee barking. Our neighbors and Toffee's best girl friend Meg were out for a walk, and they were just in their absolute joy. 

It has done nothing but rain and be gross for days and days. It could be worse, it could be Chimney Rock NC. Asheville. We don't have any devastation, so I'm happy for that. But I would really like to sit out on the patio, and that probably won't be possible until after Wednesday from how it looks. 

After a some more of working around the house, I chatted with Linda a bit. Doug went to read and take a nap.

Then, I had a hot date at 1:30, I went to lunch with Sara, Hen, and Hen's friend Ella. We had a really good time, and I said "I think I'll go to the gym," when we were getting ready to go. 

Ella congratulated me for my choice (hilarious), and told me I should reward myself if I go. And if I don't go, I can't have that reward. 

We then had a very entertaining discussion about what my reward should be. Ella asked me well, what would I want to give myself or do on a Sunday afternoon. 

"Nap?" I asked. They all agreed I'd deserve that. 

I did not take a nap. 

I did go to the gym, and did a half hour on the treadmill. Hardly anyone was in there which was fun. I think it has been maybe 6 weeks since I've been. Need to up my game and revisit. Here's my big dumb head that needs a haircut as proof!

 I need to make a perfect playlist of songs that work well for walking at a good pace. 2.5 mph is a good pace. I feel comfortable there. 

Spotify's Guster mix I ended up skipping a lot of songs. Ramona is too slow. Red Oyster Cult rocks. 

Then I remembered I had a date to play DnD with Matt et al., so I skipped the circuit room. Sadly, I would have loved doing it because no one was in there! I headed home while chatting with C and getting gas.When I got home, Geoff had returned from taking Toffee for a walk. It was finally dry enough for the princess pittie pants to go out. She really hated the past couple of days. Poor thing.

DnD was also hilarious, and it is always the funniest and fastest 2 hours of a day when we get to play. One of the players was missing, and it's always better if she's there. So I missed her. But we still got shit done, and our campaign is going great. I think. 

While I was playing Geoff made chili, and Doug took Toffee for another walk. Toffee Two Walks. Her new name. They weren't gone long but I felt like Doug maybe has been feeling rather blah lately and I'm glad he went out for a stroll. 

Football evening and life is good. Rather a decent day, ended with dog snuggles.

Digits below. 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. 29 minute walk on the treadmill at the gym (yay me). 7500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

10am: 174
n/a - forgot a reading in the afternoon
10:15pm: 179  

food:
coffee/water
noon: metformin
2pm: southwest egg rolls, slice of bar pizza w/pepperoni, buffalo chicken strips, some french fries
6:30pm: chili w/ beef and beans, a couple fritos and shredded cheese on the bottom. Metformin+jardiance
white wine + diet gingerale

No comments:

Post a Comment