Sunday, September 08, 2024

Patio Life

I went out to the patio this morning. Complaining about the heat all summer means I am going to soak as much of that space in as humanly possible until it is too cold to sit out. 

To be honest, it was cold to sit out. 

I put on a long sleeve shirt and sweatpants, but didn't give up on my flip flops. 

Toffee came out with me, and last week she ran over one of my feet and clawed one of my toes. Today, same thing. 

Ouch! 

Forgiveness. It's the risk one takes. 


Doug came out to join me at about noon. With a beer! I laughed, like "what is this, Brunch o'clock?" a reference to my sister's philosophy that if you're up for 2 hours, you can turn on the Brunch Clock and start drinking. 

He answered, "It's after noon, and it's game day."

Oh yeah. Football. 

The Steelers were actually on TV here, since the Ravens played Thursday and the Washington Team plays at 4. 

"I wasn't going to watch, but, it's the Steelers." 

Of course it is. And our new TV is very nice for the game. 

I sat out until it was almost game time, came in, and settled in with him to watch. He took a big nap, I did a bunch of work, including moving stuff around downstairs to undo some of the chaos that Geoff put into play (he dumped a bunch of shit in the storage room where I was organizing things previously). 

After his nap, he took Toffee for a walk while I was still making a tidy. I did a solid 30+min indoors that counted as exercise according to the fitbit. 

I grilled, sat outside until it got dark. Making the most of that outdoor space before it becomes unusable.

Digits below this picture of something I saw on our walk the other day that I loved.

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. 34 min. indoor walk. 10k+ steps by bedtime 

blood glucose:

10am: 212 (eep)
4pm: 160
10:30pm: 140

food:
coffee/water
10am: protein shake
12:30: english muffin w/cream cheese and a bunch of turkey; metformin
1pm: small piece of 647 bread w/pb, splitting w/Toffee to give her meds
6pm: chicken breast w/ salad of spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, a little potato salad
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: a cup or so of candied cashews
red wine and diet ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment