Monday, September 30, 2024

Oh So Quiet

Sometimes work is very quiet. 

Today is one of those days. I spent the bulk of the day sitting, waiting for a bunch of things from our sysadmin. He'll probably send them over later tonight, if I know him. I think he's a night owl. I am too. I have about 7 or 8 little bits of this project that I don't want to send out all at once, in case 3 of the 8 clients maybe have difficulty at the same time with this step. So I am parsing things out. 

I sent one out, and haven't heard back. Which is somehow good? But I don't want to move to the next one until I have the details in my hands from the sysadmin, and, feel comfortable knowing client 1 was successful so I can maybe do clients 2 and 3 on the same day. 

But it's quiet. 

Not a lot of helpdesk tickets today, and only one meeting. No one was blowing up our messaging system to ask me big questions. A lot of people are out, I think. 

I set up the dishwasher and turned it on around 2:30. There was a big pot in there, and the water spraying up into the pot was rhythmic and soothing. It had kind of a song. I felt slightly hypnotized in a way. So that was a good way to spend like a whole hour. Almost like a mindfulness/meditation session. 

Doug had a meeting at 4, and I could hear him and his colleagues talking - he doesn't wear headphones so I can hear a lot of voices. Not what they're saying. That busted me out of my reverie, and I let the dog out. It stopped raining, and I knew she wanted to go out because the mail truck was parked across the street. She loves our mailman - his name is Dave, and he loves her. 

What I maybe should have done was some cleaning, or work the puzzle. But I just. felt so relaxed today and wanted to just hit refresh on the helpdesk to load it again and see if there were any more replies or responses. 

Doug ended up taking her for a walk when I didn't think he actually would, once his meeting was over. Combined with the fact it was raining a little, I didn't think Princess Pittie would want to go. But. She did! 

I got dinner started and walked inside while the chicken was browning. Perfect use of that time. 

I poured a mug of wine (yes. a MUG, I put ice in the wine because I'm classy like that, ya bastid). and just walked around singing to myself. 

Geoff got home from work right when everything was done and ready. 

Sometimes it just feels blissful to have that kind of a day. Just, relaxed. 

Literally cannot believe tomorrow is October. 

No photo, but digits. 






digits

exercise: 11/12 hours. somehow missed 11am by probably a couple steps, guess i wasn't paying attention. 18 min. indoor walk. 5600+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 165
4:30pm: 174  
10:15pm: 164  

food:
coffee/water
11am: metformin
12:30pm: 3 slices of 647 italian bread done up french toast style (w/ about a tablespoon of syrup) 
3:15pm: 10 pepperoni slices sandwiched w/chive and onion cream cheese; green olives
6:30pm: chicken parm, no pasta
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8pm: bag of popcorn
8:30pm: pbj sammitch on 647 multigrain (I guess i was hungry tonight)
white wine + diet ginger ale







No comments:

Post a Comment