Monday, September 23, 2024

Three States Rush

(should have titled it 4 states rush, because it was Mass, RI, CT, NY)
We were up at a decent hour this morning. I was able to actually eat hotel breakfast, and they had the makings for an egg mcmuffin, so I did that instead of my beloved waffle. Which I so desperately wanted. 

And my love for hotel waffles is something I posted on Facebook about in the past. Which makes me laugh. Yinz, I love me a hot fresh waffle. 

Linda was working, so Ginger and I went over to the shopping plaza. She really needed to replace her suitcase. Delta's baggage handling system absolutely mangled one of the wheels, making it un-rollable. So I convinced her - let's go over there, get you a new ride. 

Target had the case that fit the bill, so we got it hooked up. Then, we went to the Cupcake Charlie's when they opened right at 11am. Perfect timing. We got mom 2 Lemon Drop donuts and got an assortment of 6 for us. I'm a sucker for Carrot Cake so I couldn't pass it up. These Hostess style cupcakes were just too good. 


We then stopped at the Paper Store. For those who know me well, I'm not a kitschy cute girly girl kind of person, but sometimes I like an upgrade. 

For years I had used a CVS brand makeup/pill carrier that we got a long time ago with our CVS points or whatever - a gift from them. A bunch of things and that was one. It suited me well. Toothbrush, toothpaste, good space for the blood test kit, and some other small things like hair scrunchies and barrettes. But I need something to put the pills and liquids in. 

I'd seen a cute carrier in the window of the store a year or so ago and figured I should get it, but passed. 

Yeah, ziplock bags are fine! They are FINE! You don't need some cute ass Vera Bradley carrier. 

Yes you do. 

We went in, and I commented to Ginger that all the old biddies were there shopping at the Paper Store... and we are old biddies too. 

Found what I wanted, and we were back at the hotel before 11:30.

Mind you, I wanted for us to really be on the road at 11am to head to NY to get Ginger to the airport, with our stop to say hi and bye to Shirley. 

We're already a half hour late. No matter. No worries. Ginger repacked her busted suitcase into her nice super new case, we loaded up the car, went to see Shirley. An hour later (and cupcakes and coffee. Very nice) we were leaving to head to the highway. Ginger wanted to check out what a dispensary was like. They don't have them in Florida but soon they'll be voting on a ballot initiative in November for legalizing marijuana. 

Ginger uses, and she very much would like to see, legal dispensaries in Florida so her son can buy safe weed - not laced with fentanyl or any other additives. 

We stopped in at the Trade Roots dispensary literally right behind where mom lives, and went into the shop. They have a glass wall where you can see all the weed growing, the staff is super friendly. Ginger was thrilled and excited at the concept of actual retail marijuana and gummy accessibility. She didn't buy anything because she did not want to be somehow busted bringing it into Florida where only medicinal marijuana is legal. 

And your humble narrator also didn't buy anything because I don't know jack shit about this stuff. I don't smoke it, in fact, I really hate the way it smells when people smoke it. Sorry, weed fans. 

I have no desire for a THC pen or any vaping products. I'm gummy curious - but don't know what to buy at all. 

I kind of need a shepherd through the process. And today wasn't that day to be honest. I wanted to get us on the road. Linda asked me to drive to start so I got us down to Fairfield County CT, and we swapped, because I'm not at all familiar with the LaGuardia Airport area. 

Why did we drop Ginger at LGA? Well, she was coming up to see Linda and Family but didn't count on this Guster show on Saturday. When we learned about it - heck yes, they were in, and we got together. She looked into changing her flight but that didn't work out. I was coming down here to fly out of Islip, so yeah - let's all go to NY! 

We made pretty decent time, got to LGA by 5:50, which was pretty fast. Left the girl off and even though we were cutting it kind of close for her departure, she flew through security and got to the gate in record time. Whew! 

But then it took us over 2 hours to get onto Long Island to Linda's area. We connected with Ronnie for dinner at the Old City Public House, where the wings were the most perfect I've had in years. It was a fun time. 

 Linda was wiped out. I had booked a hotel near the airport, not too too far from their house, in case she wanted to come stay with me one more night and swim. She gave me the keys to her car and she went home with Ronnie, I came here, and I'm decompressing from all the fun, the noise, the chaos, the love, and the everything of the last week. Whew. 

Oh they have a hot tub here too. Damn. I may have to get up early and hit that. 

digits below this awesome whale at the LI welcome center

digits

exercise: 9/12 hours. Missed 3, 5, 6pm due to driving/riding. That's okay. I did a 34 minute walk at the hotel gym treadmill, finished the day with 10,600+ steps thanks to that effort.

blood glucose:

8am: 165
xpm: n/a 
11:30pm: 128

food:
coffee/water
8:30am: egg mcmuffin, egg pattie and sausage patty on toasted english w/slice of american cheese
11am: metformin
noon: carrot cake cupcake at Shirley's
approx 3pm: a couple handfuls of Pop Corners 
approx 8pm: 2 beers, 10 of the most perfect buffalo wings ever; metformin+jardiance
10pm: glass of pinot grigio w/diet ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment