Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Alarm Clock and Meds Mess Up

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I set an alarm for 7am to make sure Doug gets up. 

He sets one for himself but sometimes cancels on accident, instead of snoozing. Most of the time he's up. I I know he's up if the dog isn't in the bed with me, he'll be in the living room with Doug. 90% of the time. 

This morning, my alarm went off and I could hear the shower, so I knew he was all set and getting ready. The dog was in the bed with me. So we were super deep cozy. Great. I went to reset the alarm for myself for 8:15 and. Somehow. Didn't. I woke up at 8:45, after Doug was gone, Geoff had not come upstairs yet. And this time is usually when I'm already up and at least drinking coffee if not already working. 

Thankfully, things are a little slow today. Several meetings have been reworked this week, and folks know I was going to leave for a dentist appointment at 4, so it wasn't chaos. I managed to get to work before 9, and took my shower at lunchtime since I didn't have any morning meetings. 

Speaking of the dentist, I like my dentist, I like going to the dentist. I love having my teeth cleaned. This dentist does a good job and doesn't make me feel like I'm failing or I suck. He wants to redo two of my very old fillings, next visit. 

We said that last visit. 

So I'm going to schedule that appointment for August, probably the week after I get back from Maine.

Geoff doesn't have dental insurance right now, so he wanted to go in for a cleaning but thought it would be thousands of dollars. Dr. Dentist said he'll give him a discount rate, and it'll be about $150, possibly less. No X-rays for that visit. So that was nice of him. I feel like he's good with people who are living without insurance and still want to do maintenance level care. 

I walked there and back, we picked him because of his location, so it is about 12 minutes each way. The weather today was perfect, so I actually left early and took a longer route there, just to do some steps and some pokemon catching. 

When I got home, I was really looking forward to taking my blood sugar. I mean, I did so good with carbs today and getting such a good walk, burning sugars! I was sure the high reading of this morning would be 100 points lower. 

Nope. It was higher. The hell? 

Then I looked at the spot where I keep my pills. Every morning I set up the pills for the day. And there was the pill that usually gets taken at lunchtime. 

How'd I miss that? Gah. I quickly took it at 5pm, and thought about getting some protein in my system (can of tuna, protein shake, nuts, cheese) but I had let the dentist put a fluoride treatment on my teeth today. Stupidly. I was not allowed to eat or drink until 7pm as a result. Doh. I should have said "hey, when I come in for the next cleaning in November, let's do that!" but I wasn't really paying attention. 

So when people are not treating their diabetes, and they actually just try and eat okay, and have numbers in the mid to upper 200s just from sitting around. Well then, now you see why taking meds is important.

Don't forget yer meds, kids! For any of your ailments! 

After I got home, I did some plant care (I will post that all tomorrow because it is super fascinating!) 

Oh! Here's a fun picture. A while back, I somehow found a person on Twitter who is a Taylor Swift Super Fan. Not sure how I connected to her but it had something to do with Dogs. Anyway, she's a TS super duper Swiftie, and I'm not. But I like her. So I started to follow her. She was making bracelets for Swiftie concert attendees for where she lives and said something like "Does anyone want something specific?" so your wiseass friend messages her "I'm not a Swiftie, won't be at the show, but I'd love a bracelet! Can you make me one that says "ONWARD" from a guster song? 

"It's simple, so says the captain,
Face forward, move slow, forge ahead...
Onward." 

She said she would. 

Today, I got a package in the mail with the ONWARD bracelet, and 2 extra little bonus bracelets. I'm over the moon with this. So beautiful. The best colors. Perfect for the upcoming On The Ocean shows. I am in love. I need to figure out a return of the perfection to do something for her!  

digits:

exercise: 12 hours of 250 steps, 2 dedicated 10s plus some (to and from the dentist!) so yay!

blood glucose:

8:45am: 208
5:15pm: 249 (whaaat?!)
10:30pm: 155

food:

coffee, water 
9:30am: Protein Shake
12 noon: large bowl of chicken salad
12:30: metformin Ooooooops,
12:45: another large bowl of chicken salad (could not resist!) 
5:15: Metformin (the lunch dose!)
7:30pm: 4 grilled bratwurst, small scoop of potato salad
10pm: ramekin of mixed nuts; metformin+jardiance (that I usually take at dinner)
10:45pm: chocolate chip cookie a la geoff

wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment