Wednesday, May 03, 2023

RIP fish tank

Monday night, while we were at the Coheed and Cambria show, both my kids texted me at the exact time. It's weird to hear from Jess, but I was expecting Geoff to check in, and when I clicked what I thought was his message, it said 

"RIP Fish Tank" with a picture of a drained tank, fish in a bucket and 2 metal stock pots full of gravel.

I thought it was from Geoff, but it was from Jess. After some conusion, they called me and said "it's probably just easier to talk to you because you seem confused." 

Well, yeah. Basically my responses were "wtf happened?"
"Get the cooler from the yard and put the stuff in the cooler. Be sure to close the drain before you pour water in it though"
"Use all the towels, there's a clean basket on my bed."

I should have recognized our fish tank is not a normal fish tank, it's more of a pond with a couple fish and a lot of aquatic plants, and no gravel. So. 

I jumped to the conclusion that Geoff (or Phineas?) had busted our tank when it was Jess'. Ha. I should have looked at the picture to see there were actual fish, and I know our fish tank doesn't have fish. 

Anyway. Jess had a good laugh at my expense, with me thinking that Geoff somehow busted our tank. 

After the death of the fishtank, Jess and Liz went to the pet store, bought a new tank. They thought this tank was 50 gallons but it is more like 30. So they messed up the size and got that 50 gallon tank and a stand. The babies are all in the new tank and doing well. So hooray. And our tank is fine. 

Digits, below.

digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps; no real dedicated solid 10 but more like a couple solid 7s through the day

blood glucose:

8:30am: 151
4:30pm: 177
10:13pm: 143

food:
coffee, water
9:45: 2 good yogurt
noon: large piece of chicken parm left over from the other night
1pm: Metformin
4:30pm: apple w/peanut butter
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: 2 hotdogs (no buns) big salad, scoop of potato salad
wine

No comments:

Post a Comment