Monday, May 15, 2023

My happy place

This morning we brunch skunked ourselves and also watched the Bob's Burgers episode of Brunch Skunks. Hilarious. I love how Linda Belcher calls them Momosas. Perfect for Mother's Day. 

I made egg mcmuffins for everyone and had mine without the mcmuffin even though I desperately wanted one. I didn't need people making ME breakfast, I'm a little picky about all the process so I wanted to be the one to do it. 

Over the course of the morning, we drank 3 bottles of champagne/mimosas, or, Momosas. We would have moved on to four, but, Linda and I had planned on errands today. I was rather sober, she was not really safe for driving. That's quite alright, I'll drive Miss Daisy to the mall. 

First we went to the the salon to get her haircut at the place I get my hair cut at, but the two girls who are good with "white girl hair" were not in. I thought that may be the case on a Sunday. We went to the salon I go to for pedicures, I'd been calling for an appointment for two days and there was never an answer, so we figured maybe they were closed? No. They were open, they were booked for the day though. 

I knew we'd want more champagne, so we drove over to the county store, and right next door there was a haircutting joint. They weren't super busy so we got her right in. Boom. Haircut. She hasn't had a for real haircut since the pandemic started. She has had her husband cut some hair, and her friend Lisa cut some hair, but ... she needed a full do. Bout time. Success.

I googled nail salons near us, and there was a place open not too far away who could take us. We went to the county store and got what we needed and headed over to the salon. Got the pedicures, boom. Done. Awesome. 

Oh and look, there's a craft store and I have no idea what I need for bracelets but I know I probably need tools and shit, so, we bought tools and shit. 

We came home and Geoff was waiting for us so we could make dinner. He and I cheffed up Beef Stroganoff, I always get to make the sauce part, and he watches each time the way I do it. We opened champagne, and Doug went out to start the camp fire. 

I think Doug went in to bed around 10:30. Linda and I sat outside singing to Simon & Garfunkel, and then listened to Peter Gabriel, and talked about how in 1983 she would wait for me to leave the house once I got some friends, and she'd listen to my albums. 

We saw some wild and crazy streak of light go across the sky to the north of us - it was solid and then broke up into gaps, and finally disappeared. I have no idea what we saw. The internet and the Twitters have no details. Hmm. So we went back to singing.

It was an absolute shame to put the fire out, the coals were perfect, glowing, wonderful. If we didn't have to get up at 6am to get ready for Geoff's graduation, well. I'd say we'd keep going! 

At one point while we were singing, Linda said to me "I'm in my happy place." 11:30pm, singing and talking about music, gorgeous fire, and my neighbors not coming out to yell at us for being loud or stupid. I decided we had to pack it up at midnight.

I'm absolutely wide awake, the dog is hogging up my entire side of the bed so I came out to sleep in the living room. Linda told me I should sleep with her but to be honest, I know for a fact if I go in there, we'll end up talking more and maybe laughing/giggling/acting stupid until all hours. It's already almost 1am and we have to be up at 6, as mentioned. Good gravy.

That's what happens when you're in your happy place.

Here's a before and after picture of Cousin It, I mean, Linda.

digits:

exercise: 11 hours of 250 steps. Missed 7pm by a hair, sitting at the camp fire and yakking. Dedicated 10? lots of store walking

blood glucose:

9am: 174
5pm: 163
11pm: 183

food:

coffee, water 
11:45am: egg on top of bacon with shredded cheddar (egg mcmuffin without the muffin)
12:30: metformin
6pm: beef stroganoff on top of some egg noodles (not a lot!) Metformin+jardiance 

A lot of mimosas. A. Lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment