Monday, May 22, 2023

Guster and the HCYO

I didn't write a blog entry last night, I was super tired when we got home even though I wasn't out super late. The concert was over at 10. We were out of the parking lot by 10:20. Home in about 20 minutes. And after concerts I have a hard time falling asleep, last night was no different, but I didn't feel like sitting and doing a writeup of anything. I wanted to play phone games and zone out. 

My thoughts: First off, I can't believe we haven't been to this venue before. So close. So easy to get to. Second, it used to just be a shed in the woods, nothing else around it. Now, there are multi-use buildings, restaurants, condos, apartments, offices, a splash park! Doug said it gave him a total creepy feel like ... this is just here. Out here. Strangely. 

We did a fan meetup and about 20 people were there, which was super nice. We had a wonderful meal and fellowship at an Indian restaurant, and noted that there will soon be a BBQ joint opening up in the future. Probably less expensive, certainly less of a challenge for some people to be able to pick an entree! 

The show was sparsely attended, which was kind of a drag because it's a great big venue, and this was a great big deal. The youth orchestra played on EVERY song and they crushed it. I was so impressed with them. The band seemed to be completely enthralled, exceptionally happy. It was a fantastic night. 

I need weekly Guster concerts in my life.

Anyway, I took a lot of pictures but they are all blurry and horrible. Methinks I'd like a phone upgrade just to get a camera upgrade, ya know? Possibly before the trip in August. 

Here are a couple shots. 

To the right here is a picture with two Guster fan friends I've made. Laura (red hair) lives in Baltimore, she's super sweet and her husband took pictures for us. 

Oh and there's Doug who didn't want to be in pictures but he is anyway. 

Lisa is wearing the pretty top. She is from Tennessee. Yes. They came all the way from Tennessee. We got to hang out together in Florida too at two of the shows. 

So she's also, as my sister would say, a "crack monkey" for Guster!

The opening act was Kyshona. She hails from Nashville, and I really liked her a lot. AMAZING harmonies, would totally go see her again. 




And then I wanted pictures of the orchestra with Guster but they had this plexiglass divider, to "mute" the orchestra loudness and it made for not so good picture taking. It was actually too drastic - I really don't think they needed it. There were parts of songs where I couldn't hear them over the band, and I knew they were playing. Other people got great shots, so I can see them in the Fan group on Facebook.

Digits for Sunday and Today below the Gusters. 





Sunday digits:

exercise: 10/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed an hour by being in the car and an hour by being at dinner

blood glucose:

9:30am: 163
4:30pm: 150
11pm: 180

food:

coffee, water
I don't remember most of what I ate during the day, but I did have something at like brunch-ish time, yogurt?
3pm: 3 left over chicken thighs. 
5:30pm: Indian restaurant pre-concert meetup: butter chicken, garlic scallops, small scoop of rice, 2 beers



Monday digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  Dedicated 10+10, interrupted a little bit by a stop to talk to a neighbor walking his dog, I haven't seen them in almost 2 years. I was getting worried about them!

blood glucose:

8:30am: 180
5:45pm: 180
10pm: 154

food:

coffee, water; iced coffee
10:30am: 2 left over kielbasa
noon: metformin
2:30pm: slice of 647 bread w/ peanutbutter
3:45pm: pink lady apple w/ peanutbutter
wine
7pm: metformin+Jardiance; 2 chicken thighs seasoned with spicy spices, 2 low carb fajita wraps, shredded cheese, avocado spread, sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment