Thursday, May 04, 2023

Oh I am a weak monkey

Geoff bought Oreos. And I think I just ate about 15,000 of them. I do so well through the day with eating, monitoring things to eat that will impact my blood sugar and avoiding all the bad things. No bagels, no high-carb breads, keeping it low down.... And then oh look something I shouldn't have but I am going to have. And have a lot of because I am a weakling.

It's always good when he buys food I do not like or need. I don't need potato chips or Nutty Buddies, Zebra cakes. I can avoid all of that and be completely awesome. Weird flavored chips or crackers? naaah. I can pass on that.  

But a package of Oreos? 

Murder. 

Anyway. Did super well today with the good food behaviours, overall. I can be happy for that. 

Looking forward to the weekend and kind of thought today was Friday but. It isn't and I'm glad it is not. I think I'll take Geoff to the store for some dress pants for graduation, and I will look at getting me some jeans that fit. I have khakis, and dress pants, but I need jeans that are not 3 sizes too big. We have cleaning and work to do, we haven't decided if we are going to reserve a room at a restaurant or something next Sunday or just hang here and invite some friends over. I'm torn, I kind of want to tell everyone to show up at a local thing, but also just want to hang out here Sunday next week, and go to graduation on Monday the 15th.

Geoff has one day left of his clinical placement tomorrow. He has passed all his classes and academic requirements. He had an in person exam at the lab yesterday for 4 hours and got an 86. He thought he didn't do as well. So he was thrilled to get his results. 

They sent him his tassel for his hat, we're super close to being done with this first phase of his academics. 

One week, basically. One week. Gotta make it. 

No picture today, just digits.





digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps ... missed the 2pm steps by literally 10 steps because I lost track of time and was writing helpdesk documentation.

blood glucose:

8:30am: 166
5pm: 143
10pm: 231 (doh)

food:
coffee, water
12noon: large bowl of chicken salad; metformin
2pm: some more chicken salad whilst putting it all away
6:30pm: one baked stuffed pepper with chorizo, onions, cheddar
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8pm. pepper strips & hummus
9pm: Oreo Cookies. Beers (hockey night)

No comments:

Post a Comment