Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Though she be but little

I had a whole other entry written but today I'll post this picture instead. My niece graduated from college on Sunday. And she posted this photo on FB. 

Top is obviously her mortarboard is a quote from Midsummer Night's Dream. She's not a tall human, she's about 5' maybe 5' 2" tall. So I've always liked this quote for her, and years ago I sent her a custom made plaque with the quote and the picture of a lion on it. The bottom photo is one I took of her watching Jess in Midsummer with Rebel all those years ago (12? 13? I can't remember, I'd have to go look it up). I can't remember who gave her the fairy wings, if she came with them to the show, if my father and mother in law bought them, if I got them, I can't recall. 

But. There ya go. I stole this from her FB saying I'd send it to Jess. This hit me hard today. So sweet. So lovely. 

Congratulations, Little 'n Fierce.


digits:

exercise: 12 hours of 250 steps, no official walk today

blood glucose:

7:45am: 171
4:45pm: 172
10pm: 212

food:

coffee, water 
9am: 2 eggs, sautéed peppers, bean salsa, shredded mexican cheddar cheese
11:30am: 2 good yogurt (cherry); melted pizza cheese (Geoff made pizza bagels and always over-cheeses them, and leaves the "burned" cheese on the tray just for me).
12:30: Metformin
1:45: 1/2 chicken breast of chicken parm left over from the other night
5pm: trail mix assortment (tex mex/asian spicy/monster all thrown together in a bowl)
6:30pm: large bowl of mac & cheese w/hamburger
9pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment