Monday, May 01, 2023

A Penny Adventure

(forgot to post on Sunday - Bruins Game distracted me)

I slept in this morning, last night was a challenge. 

Doug was snoring, and I woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom. I came back to bed, the dog didn't notice I'd gotten up (thank you new bed!) but there was no falling back asleep with the snore machine. 

Phin eventually woke up, so I got up to let him out and go to the bathroom again. My intestines were screaming, roaring, gurgling. And I didn't want to rifle through the closet in the hall with the lights on for some gas-x or pepto. We didn't have any in the medicine cabinet. 

Hmmm. Add to shopping list. 

Additionally, I was afraid I'd fall all the way asleep and like poop my pants whilst sleeping, what with all the intestinal partying going on in my belly. So falling back asleep was a challenge. I got Phineas to jump back up into the bed with Doug (yay!) and once he was super snoring, like Doug, I went to the guest room, for podcast listening time. 

Sidebar: One of my go-to podcasts featured tales of supernatural footprints across a lot of cultures and included a segment on George Whitefield and his fight with Satan at the church in Ipswich, where the Devil ended up taking off after jumping off the church, and leaving his deep footprint in a rock out front. An excellent tale! Our old church was founded by Whitefield, and I had written the podcast creator to ask if he'd heard this story, maybe six years ago. Nice to hear it come to fruition!

Phineas came to get me at 4:30, and I had been awake the entire time since getting out of bed to go to the guest room. It was too early for him to have breakfast, but yes, I'll let you out to do your outside thing again. As will I. Except not outside.

He came back to bed with me instead of getting back into bed with Doug. We managed to fall asleep around 5. He slept until he heard Geoff come up at 7 and bump around in the kitchen making coffee. 

For the life of me, I'll never understand Geoff and his waking schedule. He wakes up, he's up.

Geoff went downstairs after he set up the coffee but Phin was hoping for someone to let him out again. I fed him and let him out. Doug came out, also awake. I went back to bed and slept deeply until 10:45, so I missed the 9am steps, and the 10am steps. That's okay. It's the weekend right? 

At about noon, while I was goofing around on my phone playing my stupid games, feeding my cats who make soup, making squares in the Two Dots, caring for the Best Fiends, trying to beat the Triple Match, my phone rang. My friend Sara invited me to join her and Henry, and a couple of Henry's friends. They were on their way to lunch at the pub and then they were going to do a "Penny Adventure."

Oh? Tell me more about what a Penny Adventure is?

Basically someone has a penny and they flip it when the driver comes to an intersection. Heads, turn left. Tails, turn right. Continue until you arrive somewhere amazing. 

"This sounds like fun! Sadly, I have not showered since Thursday and I kind of just woke up, and I'm useless just yet. But thank you for inviting me," I said. "You may end up in Delaware."

Sara thought that was a riot. 

After we hung up I realized I could have asked her to order me a big ass salad and I'd jump in the shower and get ready, but my brain was not yet on full function mode. I realized she was asking me so she'd have another adult there with her, because. Fun. I am fun. And this would be fun. 

I did not realize it at the time. 

I'm sure she understands. 

Once my brain was on full tilt, at about 1pm, I went into the bedroom to do some cleaning. New bed made me look around at the clutter we've accumulated, well, I have accumulated. I tackled the top of the bureau and the small desk, both of which have become a catch-all for anything "get it out of the living room" related. 

I started a lot of this yesterday by folding a ton of laundry and putting things up on hangers in the closet. I have my pile of things that I need to sew, so that's organized. There's another basket under the table, and I'm not sure what is in there, I was going to dive into it but I didn't. I sorted through a shit ton of stuff, threw a ton of stuff out. and organized the miscellany. I have a box dedicated to ticket stubs and Guster memories to make a Memory Box for. All the beer coasters, stickers, brochures from Doug and Geoff's trip. Christmas cards and other weird things, all in one box. Everything has its place, and now I'm hoping peer pressure gets Doug motivated. 

I tried to take a nap but that did not work. The dog stood next to the bed panting because Doug had left for a walk, so he was an anxiety monster. He wouldn't just get up in bed with me. Pest. 

One of the things that I wanted to do today was clean the top of the stove, it's kind of a mess. I feel like I do it every week, but it never stays clean. I'm glad I didn't get to it because I made a hell of a mess when I made dinner tonight. I'd be mad at me. 

Here's a picture of all the shit off the bureau and onto my bed for me to sort through! Digits below.

digits:

exercise: 10/12 hours of 250 steps. slept through 9am, and somehow missed 10 by maybe a step or two! No dedicated 10 but I broke 5k for steps today even with missing things.

blood glucose:

10:45am: 186
5pm: 124
10pm: 193

food:
coffee, water
noon: metformin. PBJ on 647 bread (low sugar j) 
7pm: chicken parm (very giant piece!) sauce, 2 slices of garlic bread
7:45: metformin+jardiance
wine


No comments:

Post a Comment