Thursday, May 18, 2023

I will hold your drink a thousand times over - Sara and Chris go see Josh Ritter

It's too late at night to do a full write up of anything but tonight we went to see Amythyst Kiah open for Josh Ritter and his band. 

It was an amazing night. 

First we had dinner at the same restaurant we went to a while back when we saw the Punch Brothers, and it was nowhere near as good as it was when we were there last. Meh. But. We got a meal, and a drink, and were all set to get in line early for GA admission to the seated show. 

Then, while waiting in line, Amythyst Kiah was walking down the alley near the venue. Sara was shy but I am not. We got a selfie with her and were total derps about it.

We got great seats, total score. 

Amythyst performed solo and shook the place to the core. So much truth and passion from her. A new song called Empire Love (I think) was just stunning. 

Josh and his band were freakishly good. I mean. The man is such a performer, a good and lovely soul, and funny as hell. And I was kind of disappointed in how dead the crowd was, but, he got everyone up and rocking towards the end. It took a long time. But he succeeded. 

Sara and I had to keep asking each other to "hold my drink" while we fished around in bags, or moved merch around or did whatever. She asked me if I was annoying her by asking so many times to hold her drink. 

I told her that "I will hold your drink a thousand times over." 

Josh has a song where the lyrics talk about how it feels like we've known each other forever. Pleaase watch this song. Indulge me.


"I know there was a time before but I cannot bring it to mind  
And I can't believe that we were ever strangers"

I feel this way with a lot of friends, but Sara said that this song really spoke of both of us tonight. We've only known each other since 2019, but it feels like we've known each other for quite some time. 

So I'll hold her drink a thousand times. I'll hold your drink a thousand times. 

Here's our selfie with a super duper awesome rock star. At least she looks amazing. I look like a total dork. 

Digits below.

digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. And a lot of dancing!

blood glucose:

8am: 143
4:30pm: 140
11:45pm: 163

food:

coffee, water 
11am: small bowl of mac & cheese with hamburger
12:15: Protein shake + metformin
1pm: left over chinese boneless pork strips
2:30pm: some ritz crackers and peanut butter
4:45pm: 4 slices of turkey, 2 baby bell cheeses, berry 2 good yogurt
6pm: small plates, egg roll, pickles, a little bit of sausage rice, and a half-smoke sausage with no bun. 1 beer. 
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
through the evening - a couple diet cokes w/vodka
popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment