Saturday, May 20, 2023

Für Elise and the Victory Pizza

Woke up in plenty of time to get to Hen's recital. Had a heck of a time parking and was late. Luckily there were about 20 kids showing their mad skills, and he was in the last batch. 

He was incredibly happy to see me, and I settled in to watch kids I don't know play an assortment of songs, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Most on piano, but two on guitar, a cello, the cello and a piano did a duet, and a trumpet player and I wanted to tell him to not aim his horn at his feet but sit up straight - and aim at us. My high school band teacher would have had at it! 

They had a distinct format. The child walked to the front, turned and bowed, everyone clapped. The child then placed their music where it needed to be, and they played their piece. They stood and bowed and everyone clapped. They walked away. Repeat. When it was Henry's turn he went up, announced who he was and that he'd be playing "Für Elise by Looodwig van Baytoveen."

I have to say it was very nice. His little hands are small and his fingers have to stretch across many keys to play the piece. He worked hard at it, and it was very slow, but he did it. 

The pep talk video from Brian was a success! 

When he was done, he got up and ran from the piano, forgetting his music, but the smile on his face was fantastic. 

Afterwards we went up to the pub and had "Victory Pizza" and a lovely time. 

That was my day. Doug and I intended on doing something fun after but we never got out the door. I folded an epic amount of laundry. That was my personal big success today. 

I didn't take any pictures or video, I regret it. I should have gotten at least one picture of Hen.

Anyway. Great day, lots of fun, impressive bunch of kids!

I was about to take a walk and noted that it looked like rain. And the sky opened right up. No wind, just straight down pouring rain. Outrageous. Well, doing my steps inside is the way to go, I guess!



digits below!




digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  

blood glucose:

8:30am: 188
5:30pm: 156
10pm: 155

food:

coffee, water
11am: cheese slices & pepperoni
12:30: 4 small square slices of bar pizza with hamburger and onion; metformin. 2 high noon seltzers
3:30pm: 2 sliced turkey and cheddar cheese roll ups
6:30pm - 2 bratwursts with sautéed onions
7:15: metformin+jardiance
wine

No comments:

Post a Comment