Thursday, May 18, 2023

Loving the Short Week

Monday on a Wednesday is kind of nice. 

Today went really fast, and I have to say I'm looking forward to the weekend and a Guster concert on Sunday. 

I was looking through my pictures from last night and they didn't come out good even though we were super close. i kind of feel like I want a phone upgrade just for a better camera. 

I'm that person. 

So I hope I get some good shots on Sunday at the show.

Anyway, Crammed a lot of work into today after yesterday being an epic fail. Had a long talk with a colleague who found out she is not having her contract renewed but someone is trying to recruit her for a job in Andover MA. I told her I'm jealous and will be her Auntie and guide her in where to go.  

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to go up and visit my friend Henry, and give him a pep talk. 

He has a recital on Saturday morning, and he's super anxious and scared that he's going to fail. No matter how much encouragement his mom and dad are giving him, he is still not sure. So I'm going to go talk to him. 

I also asked the drummer from Guster to maybe send him a little video as a pep talk about how he should be brave or something and boy did he come through. I'm so happy I asked. He sent me a video and I got it last night, sent it to Sara to share with Hen.

How lucky are we to know this band and how kind they are to their fans. He didn't have to do that, he could just ignore my email. But he really did a solid. 

Oh I did want to mention my everloving thanks to the Lincoln Theater in Washington DC and their absolute lack of a "bag policy."

They're doing it right. 

We had our purses looked into, with flashlights and little sticks to move everything around. There was not some sort of horrible mini-sized "clutch" only policy of 6" x 4". 

There were people there with BACKPACKS, and purses big enough to carry small dogs in. There was a woman with a suitcase. 

Thank you I.M.P. and the Lincoln. Thank you. 

Anyway, here are two acceptable pictures from last night. I'll go through them more carefully on the laptop instead of the phone. Easier to see. I also think I need new glasses. most everything is blurry all the time anymore, and I can still read and "see" things but it isn't as sharp for pictures as I'd like. 

These aren't super clear but I did like the lights on the ceiling, and caught this moment, and Josh is very earnest when singing, his eyes are always closed.

Digits below!


digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. no dedicated 10 and kind of a minimal effort kinda day from me.

blood glucose:

8am: 171
5:30pm: 134
10pm: 138

food:

coffee, water 
10:45am: 4pc bacon in a low-carb wrap with 4 strips of sliced turkey and mayo
noon: Left over beef stroganoff (there were a few noodles mixed in but not a lot). Metformin
6pm: 1 cheeseburger over a big salad, chipotle ranch salad dressing
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
vodka tonic
10pm: ritz wheat crackers+peanut butter


No comments:

Post a Comment