Saturday, May 13, 2023

JOTR Too!!!

I've procrastinated cleaning up the guest room so today's the day. 

Doug found an awesome overstuffed wood and leather chair on the side of the road a week or so ago, we thought it'd fit well in there. 

There was already a beat up chair from an old living room set in there, I decided, today was the day. Clean and rearrange instead of just make the bed up. Get that old beat up chair out, and put it in our bedroom where he can drape his pants/shirts on, instead of the pile on the floor. Slightly classier, ya know?

Doug left for his aunt at about 11:45. I baked banana bread. I continued cleaning the living room. And then the bathroom. And loading the dishwasher. And then back to the guest room. 

Not sure if other people are this way but when I have to do a thing, it is usually on a list of multiple things, and I sometimes do not get everything 100% done. Happy to report the living room is clean, dog beds are washed, guest room just needs sheets, bathroom is clean, and three loads of dishes are done.

In the middle of everything I was doing, boxes arrived for me, and I had forgotten what I bought on Amazon this week. 

Ah yes. The assorted surprise pack of candle votives, Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap in the radish scent, since they never have it at the store and I found some online, oh... Yes. 

.... beads and lobsters.

Yes. You read that right.Beads and lobsters. 

I was shopping for beads to make friendship bracelets with, while drinking wine. They landed in my cart. Boom. Then saw some mardi gras style necklaces with crawdads on them that look enough like lobsters. They were bad ass! Shit yeah. Well. A dozen of them is like 30 bucks, so I thought better of it. Maybe for the "inner circle" I'd treat my friends but. Not 100 of them for the rando friends I've made here and there that I'd love to bestow a souvenir upon.

Then I saw these wee, cute rubber lobsters, 100 in a pack, 10 bucks. Hell yes! I'll figure out some action on that. Oh and then 100 red beaded mardi gras necklaces without any lobsters or crawdads on them ... I put those in my cart. 100 for like 10 bucks. 

Now I just have to figure out how to pierce the lobsters, put a wee hoop in there, and affix them to the mardi gras necklaces. 

Christine, crafting party of one! I can see me at the dining table, futzing with these until they're all set. But wish me luck. 

I was telling Doug about the bead bracelets, and showed him the ones my Taylor Swift friend gave me. When I told him my plan to make these for the Guster fans, I said "I can make LAGF for lost and gone forever, Big Friend for ... Big Friend (the bear in the picture above), CDASH for Come Downstairs and say Hello." 

He yelled out "JOTR!" for Jesus on the Radio. 

Yes, Doug. Yes. You betcha. 

I am very glad my kits did not come with little claspy dealies I would have become distracted and played with the bead set. 

On the list of things to do tomorrow, Linz wants a pedicure, and so do I and we are going to see if my hair salon is open. 

More later. Bed time!

Pictures, beads, lobsters. Oh Yes. then digits.


digits:

exercise: 12 hours of 250 steps. no "dedicated 10" but non-stop work today!

blood glucose:

10am: 200
5pm: 200
9:45pm: 178

food:

coffee, water 
12pm: 2 slices of homemade banana bread; metformin
3:30pm: realized I had skipped lunch. Protein shake, baby bell cheese, ramekin mixed nuts
6:45pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: marinaded top round steak by Geoff, peas, gravy
10pm: the last of the banana bread

No comments:

Post a Comment