Thursday, June 08, 2023

Alaska Calling

We have clients in far away places like Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam. Sometimes, they need help. Last night someone from Alaska called our office and left a voicemail. When I got the message, it was 8:30am, and was about 4:30am where they were. I couldn't call them back. He didn't leave an email address, and I couldn't find him in the system, so it was a little annoying to not be able to get a message back to him with the answer to his question. 

I made a meeting appointment for myself to not be distracted, and to call him at 2pm ET. 

We chatted for a while and I couldn't talk him through what he needed, I had a suspicion I knew exactly what he needed but I needed to see his screen and tell him where to check/look/click. 

He was busy until 1pm his time, which was 5 pm my time. So I made a meeting for us, I figured it was a great way to just end the day, help him for maybe what I think would be 10 minutes and be done for the day.

It turned into a 45 minute call, a little frustrating for me, but he was exceptionally thankful for my time. 

It was nice to help someone but I felt like I lost an hour of possibility tonight. Doug went for a walk, and I realized that I should whip together dinner, so we were prepared since I went to the market last night. Geoff still hasn't heard on the X-ray on his foot, which is annoying. Our doctor/insurance have always been so fast in results that this is a just off putting. But I planned ahead yesterday so we've got stuff for tomorrow too, and maybe even Saturday if we do a quick trip for some cheese. I didn't buy shredded cheese on accident. Doh. 

Tomorrow is the last day one of my colleagues on my team is with us before he goes on family leave. I'm going to miss him, it is going to be a long ass time until he comes back and I'm bummed. He's become my best co-worker. His knowledge is fantastic and he is a joy to work with. Such a drag. I mean, don't get me wrong, super happy for him to have family leave but. Boooooooooooooooooooo. 

No late meetings tomorrow. I'm hopefully going dress shopping with Sara for our "prom" dresses for August, even though I ordered 2 dresses online already. Ha. I'm going to have spent 30000000 dollars on dresses, only one of which I'll actually wear, by the time this is all done.

Oh, and Jess is coming to visit Sunday. It is their 31st birthday and I kind of can't believe that but am so happy. Hoping the air quality problems lessen by the time they visit. But to be honest, I am not finding it horrible, I feel badly for people who do, but, this isn't bothering me. I was out this morning for an hour in the garden and the yard. It was delightful watering the garden and hanging out. 

Alright, nothing else to report. 



digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 

blood glucose:

8:15am: 163
5:30pm: 143
9:45pm: 171

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
10:30am: again with the omelet. 2 eggs, red onion (last of it), feta (last of it), wilted greens
12noon: metformin
6:30pm: 4 bratwurst, buffalo cauliflower, caramelized onions
wine
7pm: metformi+jardiance
10pm: 2 oreo cookies, trail mix/mixed nuts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment