Thursday, June 22, 2023

What Dreams May Come

Dreams are weird, man. I know I've said that before. Last night, somewhere between 5 and 7am, I had a dream Doug and I were buying a trailer, to live in, and drive around the country or something. We had to go to Connecticut to pick it up. We didn't have a pickup truck to tow it with a 5th wheel or anything, so I was mad at Doug that he didn't plan for us to do this right. 

Turns out, that was not important because it wasn't a "mobile" home trailer, or a trailer with wheels or anything, it was on a fixed platform. It was nice and all, but, not what Doug had in mind. We were paying for it in cash, so the woman selling it told us to just buy it, and the rent for the slip was 10 bucks a month. Just buy it and have it as a place to go. 

I'm like fuck you in the middle of Connecticut east of Hartford nowhere near the water or anything, no. So Doug and I ended up not sleeping in our new trailer/camper/whatever that we'd planned on driving away with, and we were in a field in what looked like an old fort, concrete with ivy growing up around in it. Neither of us were mad at this time, and we heard a commotion coming from the other side of the fort, so we got up to investigate. 

A ton of people were there to see the band Tragedy, and we watched from the top of the wall as they rocked out. Then my friend T from work called me and recommended nearby breweries for us, since he lived the next town over. 

I told Doug all this and he told me that sounds "interesting." 

A college friend of mine told me I came to her in a dream last weekend. She wrote: 

You rescued me from anxiety dream that involved losing my purse, thinking I was going to be camping in a tent but then sleeping on a lawn chair in an unknown field and other such unpleasantries. I walked into a bodega to find my bearings, and you were there handing out gingerbread cookies and beautiful Christmas bags.

I told her it sounded very on brand to me.

Like I said, Dreams are weird. 

Today at work I got super frustrated with a situation with a client that we just can't seem to get through. I had a long talk with my workwife and she helped me see things clearly. I love that I can bring my madness to her and she asks good, leading questions about where my anger or frustration is coming from. I'd be lost without her. 

The afternoon went better after we talked, I made more necklaces and bracelets. I made a good dinner that I was pleased with, even though potato salad was involved. I messed up my meds and missed lunchtime (doh) but before dinner was a good time to take lunch time and I made myself stay up later than usual so I could get a little distance between dinner and bedtime for the medication. We'll see how the numbers look in the morning. And there are no oreos in house tonight. 

No picture today, but I made a lot of lobster necklaces and had fun with them. 

Alright, tomorrow's a new day and hopefully this client thing will work out. I'm at a loss for how to fix it and finish it. 

Digits below. 








digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 5pm somehow because I was focusing on a task for work.

blood glucose:

8am: 168
6pm: 202
11pm: 168

food:

coffee, water
11:30am: small ramekin of mac&cheese while I was making our chicken salad lunch
12:noon bowl of chicken salad w/ mayo, mcintosh apple, chopped walnuts, cream cheese
6pm: the lunchtime metformin I forgot to take
6:30pm: grilled chicken w/ lemon, onion, scallion, rosemary. Potato salad (small portion) homemade w/ egg and bacon like you do. 
3 beers
11pm: metformi+jardiance


No comments:

Post a Comment