Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Mind your Js and Qs!

Making beaded bracelets, I knew I was going to run out of letter O and N, and probably S, maybe E, or A,  at some point. 

I'm getting to that point. 

But I have a massive surplus of the letters J and Q. So much so that I am pulling them all out of the container, putting them aside, and waiting for maybe an opportunity for a Guster related word that contains either. Which I can't think of, at all. Qareful? Jappier? (oh no. No.) 

Statistically, I kind of wish the bead containers were front loaded with more "popular" letters. 

I like Q and J. They're nice letters. But I am seriously out of O in the circle shape, in both color and black. E is running low. S. Wow I am hurting for S. 

I may have to order more. Online they have entire bags of some letters, which is nice, but the bags are like 2 bucks each and the shipping is 7 dollars. And that's just straight up stupid.

I have a feeling all the Swifties on earth came through all the craft stores in America, and bought all the letters. All of them. The rack at my local craft store was bereft of single letter bags, sadly. I'll have to keep an eye out. I'm on a mission.

I've taken a bracelet break for a few days, due to my anger and lack of focus. Today the plan is to reorganize my letters, putting everyone into more spread out options so I'm not picking through the LMN section for another N. I've managed to get a goodly amount of letters out of the box so there is some elbow room. I have a lot of the square ones in colored letters, so I think I'll be using those a bunch. Spread the joy and the shapes. 

A friend of mine is also making bracelets, and she got some really cool bad-ass beads for spacers. She's also doing something where she doesn't use all the beads to go around, but makes a knot at the beginning and end of where the couple beads and letters are, and she's using some really pretty cord. She also got a round circle spacer to put in between two words, and is knotting off the string so it looks amazing. 

The little box has 24 sections. I could put all the same letters in their own square and XYZ in their own section at this point, maybe. I would move the little hearts into the pony bead box. I kind of want to keep the squares and circles apart though, that way I can make bracelets of mixed color letters and the same shape. Mixing colors is one thing, squares and circles is a whole other thing. 

Hmmm. 

Decisions.

Someone told me I'm really crafty and talented and I'm like nah, I'm a freaking hack.


This is just a small sample of the Qs and Js I'm pulling out of the collection and putting aside. Digits below.

digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  No dedicated 10. it is raining again. oh, surprise! 

blood glucose:

8:30am: 174
4:30pm: 144
10:15pm: 230 (boooooo)

food:

coffee, water
11:30am: 647 English muffin w/butter, peanut butter, low sugar jelly
12:30pm: metformin
4:30pm: ramekin of mixed nuts
6pm: chicken in peanut sauce w/an excessive amount of white rice (reconstituted from the freezer) and sweet peas
wine
9:30pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment