Saturday, June 03, 2023

Two Beds

Oh dear. 

We got our new bed delivered yesterday. And another bed delivered today. Doug accidentally ordered two king sized adjustable beds and platform/frames. 

I should have known something was amiss. When I looked at our credit card statement online I was a little stunned. I asked him how the hell much a bed costs? I said "They charged us 6000 plus. An upgrade from Queen to King is over three grand?" 

He said well, it's like, adjustable and has electric things and lights and USB ports. 

Yeah yeah, I know. Fancy. But ... over six grand worth of electric lights and USB ports? I told him that I had regrets (I expressed that here in a previous entry, didn't I?) Maybe I just need to get used to this bed. It's ... a lot to go to the next bed. I should give it a chance. I shouldn't be an idiot. Cancel the order.

He told me that it was okay, we should treat ourselves and accept a fancy bed is fancy. And expensive. 

Well, um. Two beds worth of beds is expensive. And that is the reason why it was stupid a lot of money. He got online, emailed the company, and let's see what happens. 

I suggested well screw it, we sell the IKEA queen bed and put a king in the guest room and he told me I was crazy. Okay, I'm the crazy one, Dougie Two Beds! 

I paid off my credit card the other day even though we haven't yet gotten the refund for the queen bed return yet (they are sending a team to pick it up on Monday) I guess we get a refund after it is confirmed they pick up and whatnot. Then we'll hopefully get another refund and ya gurl gonna have like 6k credit balance on the card I guess. 

Anyway.

Today was a little bit of a bum out, the bed thing threw Doug for a loop, and we didn't get out the door to have any fun. I've been doing my steps inside during the work week and did so today as well. We thought about going to a brewery in Frederick that we like but they close at 5pm (they're attached to a garden center farm so they're open weekends when the farm stand is open). Tomorrow they've got a band that we like playing, so I reached out to M&M to see if they want to connect. Maybe they'll wanna come too, hang out, and chill. 

In other news, my neighbor across the street built a giant beehive shaped wood oven in his backyard. It took him weeks. Constant work out there. He is always doing something and this is kind of next level "do you really need that thing?" stuff. 

Today they are trying to use it. He started a fire in it hours ago. Now he has four friends over and his wife is yelling, and they've got long rakes and smoke is pouring out the front. The entire neighborhood smells like a house fire, I have no idea what kind of wood he's using. Looking at the oven, he didn't put in any sort of stove pipe and whenever I've seen wood ovens like this, there's a way for the smoke to get out that is not out the front. I think he made an error.

Like us, he enjoys the backyard and the let's burn things philosophy. I often see him sitting out by his fire pit by himself with a beer, but no one in the house comes to hang out with him. So I think he was probably thinking this would be awesome and amazing but right now, I'm not sure? 

Maybe he also didn't put vents in it? Like, a bunch of air vents along the bottom of the hive so air can get in? I can't tell from here, but it's a scene over there right now. I wish him the best, and good pizza. Everyone deserves a victory when they put that much work into a thing. 

Speaking of other failures. Tonight, Geoff made cookies after dinner. It's been a while since he's gone in to bake, and I was looking forward to a cookie out of the batch. This was kind of a disaster. 

He didn't have enough flour. Or so he thought. He missed the giant 5lb bag in the pantry and only had about a cup. Rather than ask if we had flour, or, putting what he'd mixed up aside in a bowl in the fridge until tomorrow should he go buy more flour, he went ahead and made the cookies. 

Now.

Mind you. 

Shit is expensive. I've got 6000+ dollars worth of bed/s in my living room, Doug went to the market and got food for a couple days for the three of us and damn if it wasn't close to 200 bucks. 

And here's Geoff baking and basically wasting all of my baking supplies. 

I was initially angry but. Whatever. We scraped up what the cookies "were," and they'll harden and be buttery and crumbly. Doug ate a whole bunch of it with delight, I had some (more than I should have) during the clean up process. 

It's just frustrating when he's in my kitchen messing with my supplies and mucking up and not doing things right. 

Oh also. Dude. Don't eat 6 egg omelets, 2 or 3 eggs is all you need. 

Oh, and when you make a 6 egg omelet, use a bigger pan, or at least fucking clean up the overflowed frying pan that got all over the stove for chrissakes.

Sigh. Anyway. I ate cookie mess after a zero carb dinner. What a fail of doing good things with food today.

We'll see how we do tomorrow. it's a new day.

here is a picture of all the bed boxes except the one that is around the corner in the dining room. 

digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   Dedicated 10 + 5 - inside the house while Doug was at the market

blood glucose:

8:30: 171
5pm: 145
10:30pm: 181

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
11:15am: grilled muenster (2 slices), a bunch of turkey, slices of tomato, metformin
6pm: a very large steak on top of a very large salad.
7pm: metformin+jardiance
cookies/cleanup
vodka tonics

No comments:

Post a Comment