Thursday, June 15, 2023

Coming Together

Okay the next thing to focus on, or re-focus on, is here. 

As mentioned,  Guster is hosting a magical wonderful "undersea prom" night for the Friday show. For, you know, 50 somethings who wanna dress up in nautical nonsense. 

I started plotting (as I've mentioned previously) the (ridiculous) get up I'll be wearing a couple weeks ago. I hate dresses and dressing up so the fact that I'm willing to do this is weird for me. But it's for the spectacle, and the pictures. And a nod for the band that we see them and hope they'll be equally weird and decked out.

I got one simple not really a prom dress from Modcloth or Modilly or some company like that in the mail the other day. It was stupid inexpensive, like 12 bucks. It's kind of cool - like tie dye ocean/water colors. 

I ordered something more fancy and substantial and expensive from Holy Clothing, waiting for that to show up. 

Sara and I are going to go look at dresses tomorrow or Saturday, and if I find something in person that's better than what I ordered, I'll cancel the Holy Clothing order and go with what we get. 

I have been getting little doo dads and things to make a shawl to wear that nod to the song Hercules. I have a fishing net, and little boats and starfishes, mermaid's purses, and driftwood. I thought I'd write the lyrics out to the song on the driftwood, or at least the refrain, to put into the mix and not just have the plain driftwood. We'll see how writing on the wood goes. 

And a glue gun. I'm ready to start going bananas with making this shit. 

I got some nautical looking rope, and am going to make a halo kind of headband and put some things on that. There's a line in the song that says "streaks of red and blue" and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that, so it may have something to do with the rope. 

I have enough material to make things for Linda, Ginger, Sara, and probably Henry, Sean, Hallie.... 

Jess and I played with concepts for the mardi gras beads and the little lobsters. To be honest, I should have just bought the ones that came with the lobsters on them and paid more. This is more work than I thought. 

And I have to sit and make bracelets. I started a list of what I want to have on them. 

I just have to put my phone down and stop playing games and focus on getting things made. That's my big obstacle. Me. My own brain. My kind of get things planned and stall brain. 

I do not want to post pictures in the FB group, I want all the dumb things I'm doing to be a surprise so only a select few friends will have insight to what I'm doing. Oh, and all of you who read this blog (all 4 of you). 

More to come obviously but here is a picture of 2 of the boats. The two styles I got, not 2 of six that I thought I was getting. Digits below!

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 7pm because Sara called and we had a huge discussion and I lost track of time

blood glucose:

8:45am: 141
5pm: 156
10pm: 151

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
11:30: left over shrimp curry w/ 3 left over pork chops diced up and chucked in. Onions, peppers, carrots in the curry. 
noon: Metformin
4pm: 3 big cheese squares
6:30pm: Metformin+Jardiance; 2 cluck pucks, some loaded cauliflower bites.
8:30pm: cashews
9pm: klondike bar
vodka tonics

No comments:

Post a Comment