Thursday, June 29, 2023

Big Tuna and Smellery

I like tuna salad, but I find one can isn't sufficient for lunch, and 2 cans is downright silly for one human to eat. 

Today I ate two cans. 

I whipped up 2 cans with celery, mayo, dill from my porch pot, damn tasty. Usually I prefer onion in my tuna salad, but Doug would rather have celery. To foster togetherness for lunch, I whipped up this concoction with him in mind, and made myself a burrito wrap with melted cheese as kind of a tuna melt, ish. 

He came upstairs and heated up chili. 

I pointed out the tuna and said "how come you don't want what I made you for lunch?" He said "oh, I didn't know that was for me."

Maybe I should have announced it, or, maybe he could have asked upon noticing "hey, is this tuna for me?" 

I felt like it would be stupid to just save that amount of tuna which should have been set up with cheese and toasted on a nice bread and enjoyed, so I just ate it since it was summarily rejected. Now I regret it. I could have had it tomorrow or something, or later today. But I ate it literally an hour after I ate my lunch. 

That was a lot of tuna for one human. 

I will say, I like the smell of cut celery. I don't necessarily like the way it tastes, which most of the time is like nothing. It just exists for crunch impact. But when you dice it, slice it, cut it, well it just smells good. My kitchen smells like celery, dill, fresh herbs. Smells really nice. fresh and clean. 

And then I started thinking and came up with a very Bob's Burgers kind of word for it. Smellery. I cracked myself up. 

In non food news, we were planning a family trip up to see Doug's mom. It has now turned into just Doug and Me. Geoff is going to stay home with Phineas. She's concerned with him being at the house. He had just gotten his kennel when we first went up there with him, and it did not go well. 

So we're recognizing and honoring that she's not down with it to have him come and be with, Geoff will stay here. I offered to stay here, but Geoff got to go on the last road trip (He pointed this out) and I kind of want to get away. 

I also kind of wanted to just go anywhere. Anywhere at all. I also kind of wanted it to be like December when I just baked 9000 cookies, and decorated them, drank wine, and ate Chinese food all by myself. I can just listen to music, sit here on my keister, and crank out beaded bracelets until I barf. 

If I bring my beading crap. I bet she'll have a cow. But sitting around the dining table just chatting, I'd like to busy my hands. And maybe my niece & nephew will help me make bracelets. Child Labor. heh. Making progress and have made a couple "inside joke" ones for friends. here's for Kacey and Sara. There are stories behind each. And it makes me laugh. 

Digits below, as usual

digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   No dedicated 10, busy busy!

blood glucose:

8am: 169
4:30pm: 144
10pm: 171

food:

coffee, water
11:45am: tuna melt burrito wrap in low net carb wheat wrap. Metformin
12:45pm: finished the tuna because no one loved it near as much as I did
6:30pm: 3 small fajitas (wraps were small) chicken, peppers & onions
7pm: metformin+jardiance
a couple handfuls of blueberries
wine

No comments:

Post a Comment