Friday, June 23, 2023

Friday Thank You

 I'm so happy this week is over.  Good God am I glad. 

A Monday holiday makes things feel like we crammed 5 days into 4, like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. 

I was working on something for a client that they can't do for themselves, and just squeezing it in between other tasks. This afternoon I just turned my brain off, went on autopilot, and pounded through the task to get it done. Ate dinner, went right back to it and finished at 8pm. 

I am so over this week. It also rained for the third consecutive day. We need it but, I wanted to walk to the Pokemon gym but wow the deluge.

There's a whole bunch of stuff I'd want to blog about related to some huge feelings I have at work. I kind of feel like I need a whole new secret blog where I can just barf out my thoughts and frustrations but ... in the end it does not matter. I've talked about things with people and am utterly dissatisfied with how some things are playing out.

I talked about it with my work bestie, and she and I are equally stymied about these things. And both of us are just exhausted from being mad and frustrated. I'm not even sure what to do with my feelings, where to place them, or how to express them. How to be polite. How to look people in the eye that I'm angry with. 

I've never felt this mad about something at this workplace. I've always been able to logically move through things. Well, never is a lie - something happened in 2018 that I'm still mad about, but this is a different thing all together. 

Meh! Totally  Meh.MEHHHHHHH.

But it's Friday and while I am not Robert Smith singing Friday I'm In Love, I'm at least relieved it is the weekend and I can turn my brain off from these things. 

Today, Doug and I decided we'd both take off July 3, which is coming up faster than you think, and maybe go see his mom. If she'll have us. If she says no, well, we'll find something fun to do with ourselves. And maybe Geoff can come.

He has had two job interviews but that is as far as he has gotten. No bites yet. He's waiting for his official sealed transcript to go to a licensing board so he can take a licensing exam for phlebotomy, which will make him an excellent candidate for jobs. 

He is thinking of taking a Chemistry class this fall just to take a class, and enrolling in the Associates program for his degree to start NEXT fall because he thinks he missed the deadline. 

And I continue to make bracelets and lobster necklaces. I didn't make any today, but should have. It may have made me feel less mad about work things. 

Maybe. 

Instead, I'll go to bed and regret that I didn't buy any OTC sleeping aids or anything to help turn my brain off when I try to fall asleep. 

Also, maybe tomorrow we can get to the farmers' market in time and get some strawberries. Cross your fingers we can be successful. If not, more zukes and squash because they are perfect grilly friends. 

Thank You, Friday for getting here. I'm so glad to have you. 


Digits below, no picture. Lazy.





digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  No dedicated 10. pouring AGAIN all day.

blood glucose:

8:30am: 147
4:45pm: 135
10pm: 129

food:

coffee, water
12pm: 3 leftover kielbasa, leftover squash/zukes/onions
1pm: Metformin
4:45pm: pretzels+port wine cheese spread
5:30pm: cheeseburger, no bun, 2 big pickle planks
6:30: metformin+jardiance
7:45: ritz crackers+peanutbutter
3 truly seltzers

No comments:

Post a Comment