Saturday, June 24, 2023

driftwood and little boats

I've been working on my Guster On the Ocean Fest accessories... lobster necklaces and bracelets, as you know. There's a whole prom night thing on Friday night and a lot of people are dressing up for it. Not just your normal prom attire though. People are going all out. 

The two dresses that I recently ordered online arrived this week, and I was so busy I just chucked them in the bedroom. Today I got them out to evaluate them.

One makes me look like a swimming pool. Don't tell me to shut up, you didn't see me in it.

The other works much better, and needs some alterations but I think it will work best unless I come across something different out there in the world. 

Doug took the picture of me in the dress, and I didn't have him take a picture of me in the swimming pool dress, so I just took the shot of the dress on my bed to get the visual. 

The blue dress is pretty great and I don't look completely wrong. Some good undergarments will probably help, as well as some alterations as mentioned. I've lost enough weight that I do not hate how this looks. That's something, right?!  

There's also this sash to go across the middle, I can't figure out how they have it set up from the picture online, so I'll futz with it and come up with a look. And I probably can sew driftwood and shells onto the sash without damaging the sash. 

Not sure I'll ever need to wear this dress again but it was pricey enough for me that I do not want to utterly destroy it by doing things to it. Doug suggested I could sew things to dangle off the sleeves and I thought about it but, nah. I could sew a whole bunch of things to the swimming pool dress, that would actually work. But I think I'm gleaning towards the blue dress there.

Picking a color was hard. There was nothing truly that spoke to me of "ocean." In fact this color is "hydrangea" and then there was emerald green, and navy blue. Nothing like a sea foam, or aqua. Hydrangea was the closest to what I thought would be right. It works.


As I've mentioned repeatedly, I have been thinking of the song Hercules and came up with images from the video. I got these little fishing nets but they are WAY too small for what I have in mind. 

I have dozens of pieces of driftwood, thank you Etsy, and for the ones that are big enough I was going to write out lyrics from the song. I put one line on 2 pieces here, and as you can see, that's the extent of the fishing net. Pretty small. So if I were to put the whole refrain on driftwood, I'd need more. Heck, I'd need more anyway because this is just a small square and not at all what I thought of. 

I have three, so I may sew the three of them together to get the shawl/wrap idea I have in my head or it's back to Michaels to get the giant spool of fishing net they have! 

I'm sure my husband is wondering at this point how much money I've spent. To this, I say, ssssshhhhhhh.

I got up fairly early this morning, Doug was playing on his phone, we talked about the stuff happening in Russia right now. He suddenly remembered it was Saturday and he should go to the farmers' market. I had started playing with beads and wanted him to get and go fast in case he could get a strawberry. 

Strawberries are done for the year, but now it is blueberries, sweet or sour cherries, apricots. And he got a loaf of really nice chive and cheddar bread. He told me he needs me to go with him to question what things cost because for a loaf of bread, even a very very nice loaf of bread, he never should have paid what he paid. 

Still, it is very tasty. I had a piece with a little butter and it was exquisite. 

I made a lot of bracelets while listening to some non-Guster stuff. Doug put on the Raconteurs and then the playlist started mixing in Broken Bells, Dan Auerbach, White Stripes (naturally), Jack White solo stuff, TV on the Radio, Cold War Kids, The Shins, My Morning Jacket, Spoon. Bands I usually never hear. It was nice to hear the one song I know by Broken Bells that I haven't heard in forever.  

Doug worked on cleaning his stuff up in the bedroom, I've been a little blocked in getting things done until he gets more organized. I watered plants. He took a nap. I thought maybe we would have gone out somewhere, but he said it was hot and humid and the farmers' market was enough for him. So I continued with bracelets, started a facebook group for Guster fans going to the prom dealie and took pictures of things. I made more bracelets. I missed 2 hours of steps because of bracelets. 

He woke up from his nap, we realized we didn't have anything really for dinner so he ordered pizza and I'm making myself a salad.  Because I'd rather not eat shitty pizza when the best pizza in the area for delivery is Dominoes or Papa John's. Boo. I had 2 pieces and a GIANT salad. 


digits below pictures


digits:

exercise: 10/12 hours of 250 steps.  Distracted by makin' bracelets and missed the 1 and 2pm hours

blood glucose:

9:30am: 160
5pm: 144
10:15pm: 168

food:

coffee, water
11:00am: Piece of cheddar chive bread that Doug got from the farmers' market
noon: metformin
12:30: chicken salad (left over from the other day)
6pm: 2 slices of buffalo chicken pizza, giant salad w/ diced chicken, mixed greens, tomato, feta.
7pm: Metformin+jardiance
White wine

No comments:

Post a Comment