Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Maaaaaaaaaaan

We went to Annapolis today, and had a great walk about. I'm a little surprised the fitbit didn't register 10k with what we did because boy, we did. We did it. Maybe I didn't have it on the right hole for the clasp and it was loose? Maybe carrying the water bottle and the phone didn't get my arm motion going enough for it to feel the steps? Whatever. I know. I walked a butt ton. A measurable butt ton.

Wherever we went, if we encountered stupid signs and things like "sidewalk closed" or "no dogs allowed" we said "Maaaaaaaaaaan, that sucks, man." And the whole Maaaaaaaaaan thing kind of stuck with the three of us for the day. Hilarious. 

Gotta show ID to enter the state house, screw that, maaaaaaaaaaan. I don't need that kind of hassle, maaaaaaaaaaaan. I'll go over here and sit on the steps of the building, what, I'm not allowed. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I'll go find a bench in the shade, maaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Wash, rinse, repeat. 

For late lunch/early dinner, linner as it were, we went to the Ram's Head Tavern, which is attached to Ram's Head concert hall. I'll be back in Annapolis in September with Sara to see a show, so knowing where stuff is and how to get there, and also enjoying an amazing meal, I know I'll take her back there. West Street has a ton of places to eat and drink, but, we'll do this. And across the street there is an escape room. Sara loves escape rooms. I'm not good at them, but we're gonna do it, and have a blast. 

It's been fun having Jess here. The plan is tomorrow they'll stay here and hang out and then in the late afternoon/evening they're going to visit a friend in West Virginia, about an hour and a half from here, not too far from Harpers Ferry. 

Doug has to go to the office and I have work. I wish I knew they wanted to go so late in the day, I would have taken tomorrow off too. But Jess is resilient and probably ready for some alone time. They may go into DC, or over to the NIH museum not too far from here. And we started working on some of the fun things I'm bringing to Maine with me in August, so if it is raining and stupid, they said they'll work on lobster necklaces. 

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but we got this one. Maryland, My Maryland. Say hi to 3/4 of my family. 

Digits below.

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Managed to fail the 8pm step count by just a couple steps after getting distracted by a phone call during that hour. Well. It's ok. Dedicated 10 and then some.

blood glucose:

9:00am: 183
6pm: 213
10:30pm: 148

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
11:00am: 2 egg omelet w/ Vidalia onion, wilted greens, cheddar, 3 brown n serve sausages
11:30: 2 left over sausages no one finished
12 noon: metformin
4pm: firecracker shrimps, crab deviled eggs, 2 crispy duck tacos (rice was mixed with the peppers & onions so I did eat some), 3 beers
6pm: protein shake, metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: pretzels+pub cheese, 2 hard seltzers, several slices of pepperoni

No comments:

Post a Comment