Tuesday, June 06, 2023

New Bed v 2.0

The new bed was mixed success last night. The good is that we got it all set up, I got the sheets on it, I didn't anticipate we'd have two twin XL fitted sheets but that makes sense because you can't have a giant king fitted sheet on a bed where someone is sitting up and the other person is flat or has their feet up. The twin top sheets threw me for a little loop. 

So we don't touch each other when we're under the sheets. We are both in completely separate beds. They could go in different rooms. It's not something I'm used to. Part of me says we need Mattress 3.0 and get a new king mattress but I'm done fucking around with beds. I just want to go to bed at night. I'm inclined to get a big assed king top sheet. Because it also just looks better on the bed. So that's my plan.

But I like my feet tucked in, and Doug does not. He also does really rude things like if we're both out from under the covers and he decides he wants to be under the covers, he will find a corner of the sheet, usually my corner of the sheet, and pull it over on him. He sleeps on top of the top sheet sometimes, so this messes EVERYTHING up for me. I'm like "Dude do you even know how to use a damn bed!" I wake up freezing, looking for my corner of the top sheet to pull over on me, and he has made himself a folded over sheet burrito, and I'm uncovered. So I go to the guest room. With the dog.

The dog is the part of the equation that is kind of an issue. 

Doug set the bed up very low - 5 inch legs. We could have up to 11 inch legs but wanted Phin to be able to jump up. Which he did! Perfectly and wonderfully. 

But then he stepped in the gap. 

And both his front legs slid right down up to his shoulders/chest, and he freaked out trying to get out. Doug and I had to rescue him, and he fell in again. Very distressed. 

We got a big towel and rolled it up and tucked it in the gap. Should get us through the night, right? 

Well it did until about 1am. When Phin woke up and wanted to walk onto my side of the bed and he just decided to completely bypass the towel, and stepped right into the gap again. Doug slept through it but of course a flailing dog is the kind of thing that will wake me up. Magic bed has a nightlight under it, so I turned it on to guide Phineas to the floor. 

After Phineas came back from outside, he noped his way right out of the bedroom, and straight to the guest room. 

So now he's scared of this bed.

They sell things and products and stuff that we're probably going to invest in. "Bridges" and gap fillers. I'm going to set up a foot to head towel roll tonight and lay a sheet across it so there's no way stupid fluffy dumbass can fall into the abyss. 

Anyway. here is a picture of the bed, and you can wish us well tonight. 

Digits, below.


digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  

blood glucose:

9:15am: 141
4:30pm: 163* (took my reading at 3pm before having a snack and it was 116. This is 1 hour after snack)
10:30pm: 136

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
11:45: 2 egg omelet, with wilted greens, red onion, feta crumbles
12:15: metformin
3:30pm: 3 celery sticks and hummus
6:45pm: Wingstop wing delivery. I think I had 14 wings. 
8pm: shelled peanuts

No comments:

Post a Comment