Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Miss you already

Jess just left to head to the next stop on the vacation tour. We had a really nice visit, a lot of fun, and if we had another day or two it wouldn't be enough. I miss them already.

I always wanted the kind of relationship with my kids that they'd want to come visit when we live apart and a little bit lately, I've felt distance from Jess but some of that was pandemic related.  

So when Jess wants to see us or be with us it always makes me happy. I hope when Geoff moves out he'll want to have dinner. That we won't be too far away. He'll have us over and cook for us. Or come over and spend the weekend and sleep in the guest room. 

We talked about August when I go up north, and Jess asked "can I come and hang out? like, not go to the concert but just hang out?" 

Would love to have them at the concert but, if all they want to do is hang out and maybe go to the pool while we're at the show, I'm okay with that. Sure, why not. I have to see what our hotel room situation is, if we have enough beds in it. But Linda and Ginger will love to have them with us.

Anyway, it was a long day at work today. Several people experienced their last day as employees, they've known about their layoffs since March but here we are now in mid-June and it comes to an end. Some were extended to today, others to September. I had a wonderful last day chat with a colleague at 4pm and felt like we should be drinking beers together and not sitting on a zoom call. I miss her already. Knowing she won't be available for me to just shout out a question to in Slack is rough. 

There's a lot of missing you already feels tonight. 

Here's a picture of Jess and me from the walk at the Falls that I forgot to put in the post about that stroll.

Digits below. 

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 6pm because we were at dinner having such a nice chat.

blood glucose:

9am: 161
6pm: 190
10pm: 191

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
9:30am: 647 english muffin w/ peanut butter
1pm: fritos+hummus; metformin
6:30pm: spinach salad with almonds, goat cheese, strawberries; spinach and sausage pizza; 2 beers; metformin+jardiance
9pm: 3 oreo cookies & truly seltzer (sorry everyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment