Saturday, June 10, 2023

Happy Early Birthday

I used to work with a girl who knew when everyone in the office's birthday was. Unless someone was actually celebrating a birthday she'd come in every morning and tell everyone "happy early birthday."

Any day that is not your birthday is your early birthday. 

The day before and the day after are your early birthday. 

She never told anyone "happy belated birthday" because she'd rather wish them a happy early birthday for next year, the day after the person's birthday.

Kind of weird and quirky, and my goodness she was a lot of fun. I will never forget this fact and I think about her every day (she didn't die - she lives in Philadelphia now. Make your own joke, I guess?) 

So if you are reading this, hello, and happy early birthday (unless, you know...) 

Today is Jess' early birthday for their actual birthday tomorrow. They are coming to visit and should be here around dinner time tomorrow. Not sure a plan yet. Going out, grilling, ordering delivery, we'll call an audible for what to do. But I kind of want to go get a little cake or something, to make it for reals. A for reals birthday. 

I truly miss spending time with them. I can't wait until they arrive. And after they leave I will be sad.

There's a lot I need to do before they arrive, like change the bed sheets and vacuum, the usual cleaning stuff. The bathroom needs a quick wipe down, I cleaned it last weekend so it is in good shape except for the sink and toilet. 

I also want to either go out there and finish the manual weeding of the patio or finally convince Doug to do it. He's gone for a nap. And after the nap, a walk. 

We got up early this morning and instead of burning the day we got out early to the Farmers' Market the next town over. We picked out a ton of strawberries which are delicious and fantastic, but didn't come home with anything else. We took a walk around the town to play Pokémon because it's a great little town to do so in, and noticed a little restaurant we'd never been too (way too pricey) is gone and a taco restaurant is opening soon. Looking forward to the little taco restaurant! 

This little town is known for a lot of little somewhat high-end antique stores and what some may consider "junk" antique shops. There was a lovely 3 tier plant stand that I could see in our yard but not for $70. A little too dear for something to put outside in the weather.

We went to two bookstores, one is an English bookstore with an entire floor of French and History books, and people rent the upstairs for meetings, tea parties, D&D. It's very cute, and they have wonderful cards, posters, and gifts. The other one is a Russian/Ukrainian bookstore with english translations of some of the more famous works. They used to be located in the basement of what looked like a medical office building, and we never visited because we weren't sure what the deal was with it. But now they are in town, and while not on the very main drag, they sure are easier to locate. 

We had fun chatting with the owner, and looking at the books which were mysterious to me. Even books with familiar covers (Richard Scarry Busytown books, Eric Carle, and Harry Potter). I was thinking about how I don't know what any noises are that the letters make. I have no idea. I look at them and I don't know is this a Shssxx sound or Rrr? 

Foreign languages that have "our" letters, well, I can figure them out and try to pronounce the words but I have no context for so many languages on this planet. It almost makes me sad. I'm looking at code, secret code, and I don't have the key. 

Almost inspires me to learn but I feel like I've lost enough time in life not learning languages, starting now is weird. 

I went to the craft store and bought more beads (I have yet to make a bracelet, y'all) and talked to a girl working at the store about some ideas for my necklaces

Here are two pictures I took today at the bookstore. I thought the guy on the cover of the book next to Obama was Beck. I don't think he is. But. And I want to know what is going on with the octopi, why is the jellyfish sad, and what dire warning does the crab bring?  

Digits below.



digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. dedicated 10+ on our pokemon walk,

blood glucose:

8:45am: 157
4pm: 150
11pm: 143

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
11:45am: 2 left over kielbasa, metformin
4pm: carrots+hummus
6:30pm: chicken breast marinade in orange juice, rum, and a bunch of other things, grilled. over a large bed of field greens, diced sharp cheddar, salad sprinkles/nuts/craisins/etc. blue cheese dressing
7:30pm: bowl of strawberries in milk, sprinkled with real sugar (I thought doug was using splenda but. he used the real stuff). 
9pm: klondike heath bar ice cream, the no sugar added version (still 23 g carbs)
vodka tonic

No comments:

Post a Comment