Monday, June 05, 2023

Seeing the early side of a day

Phin woke me up at 5:20, per his usual. I was wide awake because the bed was going to be picked up between 7am and 8am. So why bother going back to sleep when the alarm will go off right after I start dreaming. 

I went outside with Phin. It was much cooler than the past several days. Cool enough that it meets my "turn off the AC and open all the windows" personal rule. Today it may not get above 75 so that's super perfect for me. 

My neighbors were loading their truck for work and waved at us. They were being so quiet with all their tools and things, you almost wouldn't know they were out there. They leave around 6am, so early. 

I went in to start the coffee, and when it started brewing I noticed the coffeepot was about 1/3 full from yesterday. Grabbing a large glass, I managed to avert absolute crisis of pot overflow. 

Not very awake, obviously. 

I got a text from the folks coming to pick up the bed at 7:30 saying they'd be here at 7:50. I moved the cars so they'd have a place for their vehicle. It was a husband and wife team, and they do this for a company that is a subcontractor for Habitat for Humanity. 

I had hoped there would be a good connection to an organization I could get behind. The initial information on the website named their org, which I'd never heard of. But the girl gave me documentation and info on them, and I felt incredibly happy about this. She said they do amazing work, and she's super proud to be attached to this company. 

The dog was very interested in them, and they were in him. 

They were done before 8:15. Fast. Impressive. 

The day was a blur. Usually an early start means that by 11am I think it is 3pm but it was 3pm and I couldn't believe it was already that late. Doug came upstairs at almost 6 and couldn't believe it was that late. 

He took a walk, I tried to take a wee nap. It didn't work, so I got up to start dinner and found he'd made a marinade for some boneless pork chops while I wasn't paying attention. I knew he'd be grilling them so we were all set. 

I figured now that the bed was gone we'd either sleep in the guest room, but the bed is pushed up against the wall now and one of us would be trapped for the night. And the option of getting the air mattress out and blowing it up crossed my mind. After dinner though, Doug started to assemble the replacement bed. I'll write about it tomorrow, but let's just say a split king with adjustable dohickeys is interesting. Basically these are two Twin XL mattresses, and they sent bedsheets for 2 twin beds. We thought we'd get 2 twin fitted sheets and a top sheet in king size to cover us. That's not how they did it. 

We basically are sleeping 50s TV sitcom style - we can move the beds apart, or into other rooms even, which is hilarious. I wonder what the price of a single twin xl adjustable bed is from these people. 

Anyway. More tomorrow. The good news is I like to be tucked in, I like my feet tucked and Doug does not like to be tucked in. So now, we both can sleep the way we wanna. 

No picture today, too busy for things. Off to bed.  








digits:

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  

blood glucose:

7:15am: 171
5pm: 154
10:30pm: 143

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
9am: pepperoni slices
11:30am: giant salad: Mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onions, can of tuna, mayo
12pm: metformin
6:30pm: giant salad w/ 3 teriyaki marinaded boneless pork chops. Small bowl of shelled peanuts. Vodka tonic

No comments:

Post a Comment