Friday, June 16, 2023

Zero or Nero Day

When people hike the Appalachian Trail (or any long distance hike), they take time off for various reasons. And these are called "Zero Days," where you log no hiking miles. 

I'm feeling a Zero Day today. Well, maybe a Nero. Nero (should be spelled Nearo, if you ask me) because I am working and didn't call out so that's a Near Zero for me for getting stuff done. 

I didn't sleep well, fell asleep after midnight and woke up at 3 something. Took the dog out, went back to bed and fell kind of back asleep at almost 6. Then the dog woke up and wanted breakfast so I obliged. Thinking I was up for the day I made coffee. I sat on the couch while the dog was outside. I went back to bed when he came back in. 

I flopped around a lot, trying to fall back asleep and did, right before my alarm went off. I slacked my boss and told him I needed a little time this morning, and went back to sleep for like 45 minutes. Geoff was stomping around up here (he has the gout, and when he wakes up in the morning he's hurty, so, he is stompy, walking on his heel). I heard him call his doctor's office (finally, doing some self care and follow through!) asking about a refill on his pain meds and what kind of medication they could give him to help. 

Time to get up. 

I missed my steps for the 9am hour, because I was trying to sleep in a bit. Also skipped a couple other hours, like 1, 2, 3, 4... Just not feeling the energy to get a walk in. Not the best effort. 

I tried to take a nap at about 3 but it didn't work. Continued to do my job slowly and meticulously, until 6. 

After dinner I started to make bracelets, I didn't realize my beads were unbelievably tiny, so I may not use these. I also realized I had no idea how to tie off the bracelet, and was a little frustrated. So I went online and watched a video to see how to do it. Aaaah. Okay. I see now. I have to restring the first bracelet I made, that's okay I guess. 

I ordered a new needle, I hope it is the right kind. And then I realized I ordered from a company that wasn't the company I watched the video from. Oops. 

I could work on the lobsters tonight, or write on the driftwood. But I'm just feeling exhausted and may just not do anything. Take it easy for tonight. 

Anyway, here's the first bracelet, waiting for me to figure out how to tie it off! 

Good night. lame digits below. 



 



digits:

exercise: 5/12 hours of 250 steps.  Meh

blood glucose:

9am: 191
4:15pm: 154
10pm: 201

food:

coffee, water
10:30am: low carb tortilla wrap w/pb and low sugar j.
12:30pm: metformin
2:15: Mcintosh apple w/pb
4:15: couple handfuls of mixed nuts
6pm: one large chicken parm piece
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
9pm: red wine+2 oreo cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment