Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Orange Haze all in my Brain

Everyone is talking about the sun.

As you know, due to the Canadian Wildfires smoke has been coming to the East. From New England down to the south of us, it has been all the news anyone can talk about. 

Here in the DC area, there are some impressive pictures of the Orange Haze on the National Mall and around the Tidal Basin. My view has not been as dramatic. I put the trash out on Tuesday morning, and the big beautiful orange marble in the not quite as orange sky was beautiful to behold. 

I find it interesting how many people are freaking out about it. I have an acquaintance who is a pack a day smoker freaking out about the air quality causing breathing issues for him... 

Let that sit for a second. 

Not that it is bothering his eyes or everything smells like burning plastic, but. Breathing. Issues. I kept my mouth shut but I'm over here shaking my damn head and muttering "really, dude?"

I went to the grocery store this afternoon after work. I hate going to the grocery store. But Geoff has a hurt foot, and I can't send him to the market walking around like Frankenstein's monster. Doug had a 7am meeting today and a 5am meeting, so he was all up in work. And I had to take one for the team. 

He has been hopping around on one foot, and I gave him an ace bandage and some biofreeze (just kind of a placebo), and he wrapped his foot so tight that he made it swell worse than it has been swollen and it looks like someone took a sausage and squeezed it in all sorts of places. 

Geoff went to the doctor yesterday (finally, after we nagged him for 3 days to go use the insurance I'm paying out of pocket for) and got X-rays to rule out a fracture. The doctor said if it isn't a fracture, he may have gout. Which sound a lot like "I'm not too sure about that, sir." He hasn't heard back on the X-rays, and has to go in for fasting blood work next week. 

And they gave him some pain killers, which he said do nothing. 

So off I went to the market after work. And I looked at the sun some more. And was very impressed.

Alright, off to bed. Trying not to jealously doom scroll through all of the Guster fan page facebook posts seething with envy. The show looks amazing. I really shoulda gone. 

Oh, I took this picture not of the sun, but of the marigold on my porch, which went through one cycle of lil'flowers already, and is ready to pop with the next. Look at all those future beauties!

Digits below. 

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Some how missed a couple steps in the 9am hour, which is weird.

blood glucose:

8:15am: 161
3pm: 150 *taken before eating a sandwich at 3pm, and I forgot my lunch metformin
9:45pm: 163

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
9:45am: omelet just like yesterday. Wilted greens, red onion, feta, 2 eggs
(forgot lunchtime metformin because I didn't eat a lunch will take it before bed)
3pm: turkey+tomato w/mayo on 647 bread
5pm: Metformin+jardiance
6:45pm: chili. ground beef, tomato base, corn niblets, 3 kinds of beans, spices. On top of some fritos, shredded cheese, topped with sour cream. 
wine
9:45pm: Metformin (should have been lunch time but took before bed)


No comments:

Post a Comment