Sunday, June 25, 2023

Busy day

 This morning I woke up to the smell of baking. I wondered what was up, and found Doug had us baked blueberry oat muffins.

I may have eaten 5 of them. 

They were really good, and what a treat to have someone bake for me, instead of me baking for everyone else. 

We slacked off in the morning and Doug eventually decided around 11 to get the weed whacker out. 

Could it be? Is this the day? Yes! He weed whacked the patio and I'm forever overjoyed. He did a bunch of other trim work along the front fence, and noted our morning glories are back and getting bigger. I'll have to keep an eye on them and train them on the fence when they are tall enough. 

We both showered, and he fell asleep on the couch. I was too tired to futz with bracelets so I went to the bedroom to play with my phone and also fell asleep. We both woke up at about the same time and decided we needed to "leave the house" and go do something. Earlier in the day I'd suggested we go to a brewery we like attached to a garden center, but they close at 5pm. We opted for another local brewery that we hadn't been to for a while. They had a band, and BBQ truck, and we got there to find it hugely packed and crowded. 

Not dissuaded, we went in, grabbed some beers, and sat to listen to the band Half Pint Harry. They were fantastic. They need some Guster in their repertoire (which is extensive). Doug got us some BBQ ribs and smoked mac & cheese. I didn't care for the mac & cheese so I gave him mine. The ribs were fantastic. 

Highlight of the day was a wee toddler boy who approached the band during a song, stood there, and watched everything. His mom and dad were behind us, and they just let him free range the patio for chalk drawings and getting waters, and watching the band. I missed the shot of the singer bending over to him and jamming his uke towards him while strumming, and the little one shot his hands up in the air in a V, to whit the crowd cheered. 

It reminded me of another time, maybe 24 years ago. I flagged his mom down to send her this picture via email. It really brought me joy.

We had a lot of fun, got home and sat on the back patio where the weeds were whacked and the table was there waiting for us to chill at. 

I'm not ready for work tomorrow. I want another day like today. I don't want to deal with work at all tomorrow. Sigh.

Digits, as usual, below.

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  3pm missed because of napping.

blood glucose:

8:30am: 156
4:30pm: 144
10pm: 174

food:

coffee, water
8:30am: muffins. Many muffins.
noon: giant salad w/ left over chicken thighs, metformin
5:30pm: baby back ribs, 3 beers, scoop of macaroni salad (meh) 
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance; 2 beers at home
2 more muffins just to finish them off
7:30: ramekin of cashews
8:45pm: pb sammitch on 647 bread

No comments:

Post a Comment