Saturday, June 17, 2023

No Strawberries for Us

We were up early this morning, and after coffee we headed to the farmers' market, as is our Saturday Wont in the summery times. 

The strawberry options were nil, sadly. I asked if there were any in the truck (sometimes they just haven't had time to restock) and the guy said no - we missed out. They went fast. That's the kind of thing that happens this time of year. 

Geoff told me he bought strawberries at the market, so there's something. Doug was sad about that. Because supermarket strawbs are never any good. but we'll eat them, I'm sure. 

We got some huge, ripe tomatoes that probably all need to be eaten in 1 day, and some squash, even though we have like 5 squash plants in the yard and by the time they're done producing, I'll be sick to death of squash at the end of the summer.

Because the farmers' market was a bust, we went to Target. We were on our last roll of toilet paper and I knew if we did not go, we'd regret it later. Totally. The place is always mobbed on Saturday mornings so this was a challenge. 

Got all the stuff we needed and then more. I got a giant watering can so I don't have to schlep the hose all the way around the house just to water the flowers and herbs. 

We got a car wash kit, since the line at the car wash was around the block. We took care of the Mini and the Dodge, and then I watered all the things. The dog was surprised and upset to see a car IN our yard. It was actually incredibly funny. 

Doug trimmed some bushes with the electric hedge trimmers, a couple of them needed a good hacking and shaping. While he did that, I grilled the chicken for dinner, whipped up a marinade I'd not made before with lemon, garlic, and mustard. We had a salad dressing to go with it that was just right. 

I ended up working on bracelets while drinking wine tonight after dinner, getting the hang of this and tying off the strings is less frustrating now. Drank more wine. Watched "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" episodes while making bracelets with Doug laughing his head off. 

I got through 6 of these, and find that the tiny beads are impossible to tie off unless someone is holding on for me. I need three hands. But this one worked.

Digits, below.

digits:

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Had the fitbit on the charger in the 9am hour, and let it charge.

blood glucose:

8:am: 151
5:30pm: 148
10:15pm: 141

food:

coffee, water
12:30: hummus+carrots
1pm: Metformin
2pm: mcintosh apple w/peanut butter
6pm: grilled chicken (thighs and breasts went on the grill) on top of a giant salad
8:30pm: shelled peanuts
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment