Thursday, December 22, 2022

207

Update 12:12am 

The boys are home. Just arrived. Huzzah!


3pm:
The new scale is working out alright, I think. I haven't synced it with my fitbit yet, mostly because if Doug or Geoff want to use it, I think it then syncs their weight. It would be weird to sync all 3 of us, and I am not sure how I'd remove their records. Probably have instructions for that but. Meh. 

I weighed myself this morning and I am at 207 even. I am not going to obsess with things but it is funny that I can weigh 211.8 at night, and 207 in the morning. I didn't eat almost 5 pounds worth of food and then digest it all overnight. Bodies are weird. 

Probably going to make note once a week of the progress. And there is going to be progress. I think the last time I was at the doctor on their scale with clothing on it was 209-210, so they shave a pound or two off of that for the clothing. Not thinking I lost much weight since then, but a pound or so is nice. 

Still working, still moving towards 199. Gonna get it. 

Geoff texted at about 1pm to say they'd made it to Tennessee. I didn't ask where they crossed the border, but if they came up to Chattanooga, that's 9 to 11 hours to here. Depending on which highway. So we'll see how they do.

I baked more sugar cookies around 11:30 this morning after two meetings that could have been email and a team check in, which was fun, because we didn't talk at all about work. I was going to go to the post office with the cookies that are already bagged up, but it is pouring out, and I do not want to deal with boxes and going there. 

I swear I am super close to all of these getting out the actual door, Honest I am. 

10pm:
Feeling very anxious. 

Around 8pm decorated the cookies I'd baked this morning, and I got them ALL decorated, and the kitchen clean, dishwasher loaded. I still have to clean the table, that'll take some scrubbing, but I don't want to clean around the drying cookies - I want them to air dry and they need at least all day tomorrow. There's a lot of sugar on the table top even though we laid down paper. To be expected I guess. 

Right now, I have 3 little racks stacked up filled with pretty stars and trees, and gingerbread men and reindeer. As much fun as it was decorating two nights with Sara, Sean, and Henry, tonight it was just me, Bob's Burgers on Hulu, and wine. It was very relaxing. And two hours of just dipping and sprinkling and deciding well, what color do I want this star to be? 

I noticed I didn't have any red icing, and was too lazy to go get another wee container for it, or I would have made a bunch of rainbow things. Henry figured out it was very easy to make rainbow stars and trees, so we had quite a few from his being here. I should have gone ahead and made red. I regret that now.

I was feeling a lot of anxiety after texting with Doug around 7pm. They were making slow progress. He was thinking of cutting over to I-95 to continue northbound miles because 81 and the mountains were icy and getting snowy. It would add at least an hour to the trip. 

He added "2 weeks of vacation relaxation just completely undone by 45 minutes of Geoff driving." I told him, Geoff is not a good driver. I was not surprised. This is why I wanted them to stop for the night somewhere. 

Geoff texted me a picture of the sunsphere from the highway. They didn't stop in Knoxville. Sadly. He knew it would make me laugh though. 

I'm not worried about the weather. I'm worried about Doug being tired. And if Geoff drives as horribly as he just discovered, well, Doug is doing the driving. I wish they'd stop somewhere for the night, and sleep, and get up at 6am before the temperature drops down to super freezing and the roads ice up. That's not supposed to happen until tomorrow night. But he said he's going to make it home. 

I'll feel much better when they get here. I am trying not to anxiety eat. We have triscuits in the house. 

Digits below, had an overall good day today, though I didn't do a dedicated 10 (last night I did it at 11:30pm, I don't think I will do that tonight). 

Here's a picture of my weak ass attempt at christmas bunting. Gotta do a little adjusting at the far right end - I went up and around the dog cookie container but it doesn't look right. Will fix in the morning.

digits:

exercise: No dedicated 10, Dedicated 10, even. 128 minutes in the "zone."
Walked 250 steps each hour today (12 hours!). Cleaned. Decorated cookies. Put up lights. Had a lot of activity.

blood glucose:
9am: 166 
4pm: 178
9:30pm: 175

food:
coffee, water
11am: apple
12:15pm: turkey and muenster on 647 whole wheat bread
12:45: metformin
1:15: a couple small busted sugar cookie bits
4pm: thin slice of quiche (eggs, goat cheese, onion, mushrooms, ground sausage)
5pm: another thin slice of quiche
9pm: protein shake; handfuls of pepitas
wine
11:30pm - low carb wrap with peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment