Wednesday, December 07, 2022

That Muscle Shoals Sound

"Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers and they've been known to pick a song or two, yes they do.
Lord they get me off so much, they pick me up when I'm feelin' blue, now how about you?"
Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Sweet Home Alabama 

Doug and I are watching a documentary on Fame Recording studios, Rick Hall, the Swampers,and the Muscle Shoals Sound. 

Have to admit, I knew what the Muscle Shoals Sound is, but had no idea how many of my favorite musicians went through the Fame Studio and Muscle Shoals Studio. Pretty educational. Now Doug is researching going to the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash site, and driving up through Muscle Shoals and Florence on their northward bound journey from New Orleans. 

Doing that good road trip research, I tell ya. Wonder if they have sweatshirts for Muscle Shoals like they do for Newburyport. I doubt it. But maybe they have a refrigerator magnet?

Ate a lot of carbs today, but took an hour personal time and cut out early today and that made me happy. Got a good walk in around the house while Geoff was cooking dinner. 

Alright - big busy day tomorrow. Gonna head to bed. sigh. 




digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+23

blood glucose:
8am: 185
4pm:160
9pm: 206 (will retest before bed)

food:
coffee, water
11:30am: stuffing, gravy, green beans
6pm: cheesesteak (mushrooms, onions, on a roll instead of just on a plate)
9pm: celery stalk w/peanut butter


No comments:

Post a Comment