Sunday, December 18, 2022

We did a lot of sleeps

Phineas slept until after 8am, very unlike him. But we didn't get to bed until after 1am once I finished cleaning up and ran the dishwasher.  Too many carbs, pad thai, sugar, wine, meh. I think the thing that will make me be much better about all this is to just not do that. It has been a long time since I was completely surrounded by carbs, up to my eyeballs, and I didn't hold myself back. Last night going to bed my sugar was insane. When I woke up this morning it was still incredibly high. I felt horrible. Headache. Almost like a hangover, but I didn't drink that much wine. 

I quickly had a protein shake and a yogurt, but still felt horrible after a couple hours. So at about noon thirty, I ended up going and taking a nap, Phin too. 

Today I was going to go to a brewery to see my friend Tim play, but I just could not get the energy to do that. When I woke up from the nap was when I really should have been walking out the door, so I'd have to shower and get my shit together... no. Could not do it. I sent him my regrets. If Doug was here we probably could have rallied. But for me to go solo, I'd have to bring Phin (dogs are super welcome indoors at this brewery) but I just didn't have the energy to think about having him with me.

I counted out and bagged cookies for some of the folks I'm sending them to. I'm going to try and go to the post office this week, bring Phineas with me, and let him wait in the car. 

Doug said he'll be fine, but I'm more worried about other people if he's actively freaking out. In my county, if you leave your dog in a car, a concerned citizen using their own subjective opinion can smash your car window to get your dog out. It's very cold out here right now, low 30s for the high today, so I'm wary. 

We brought the dog kennel up here in case I have to go out for any reason, and well. Yeah. I could do it. I hate putting him in there. But we'll see. 

I want to bake more chocolate chip cookies to go in with the sugar cut out cookies. Maybe peanut butter too. Hmm. But I think I'm low on butter. I have everything else. Not going to worry about any of that tonight. I feel like I'm super ahead of my usual bullshit attempts at this now that bags are setup, cookies are in them, and I just have to make the bags fuller and nicer and more fun. And find all the little boxes I've saved and put in the basement.

Doug texted me from Vicksburg, MS at a brewery there. They're staying there for the night and headed to New Orleans tomorrow. He said they had a good day, they went first to Clarksdale MS to see the famous "crossroads" where Robert Johnson is said to have sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his talent. I asked if the crossroads looked like what it did when Johnson lived and Doug said not so much. He didn't think the furniture store was there. They were having late breakfast/early lunch and a musician named Watermelon Slim played for them while they ate omelets and grits. He didn't mention going to any of the civil war sites that he was reading about but he said the brewery is great. 

Tomorrow it's over  to New Orleans for them. I asked if they were going via Baton Rouge or over the Lake Pontchartrain bridge. He said they were taking the bridge, and not going to Baton Rouge. We've never driven over the bridge when we have gone there, I've never been to the part of the city on the lake, just downtown and the river. So it'll be a new experience for him. Again, a little jealous.

I think they arrive home a week from today. Pretty sure. 

Maybe.

Here's Geoff with a mural commemorating Robert Johnson. digits below.


digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+5

blood glucose:
10am: 235
4pm:158
10pm: 208

food:
coffee, water
10:15am: protein shake, 2 good yogurt
11am: metformin
4:30pm: broiled shrimp with ritz crackers; broccoli
6pm: metformin+jardiance
6:30pm: a couple of broken chocolate chip cookies
7:45pm: apple and ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment