Thursday, December 15, 2022

Cookie night shenanigans

The Boys left Lexington, KY this morning and drove over to Red River Gorge. Kind of like Skyline Drive in Virginia, I guess. There's a lot there to see, it's huge. 

I was on a call today with someone from Bowling Green Kentucky, and he said it is his favorite place on earth. Every year they rent a cabin, spend a week, hike. He said the weather out there was perfect today. 

So happy it was, and Geoff has been sending me pictures like this one. Confirming the weather was indeed perfect.

Before my friend Sara arrived for dinner and cookie decorating,  I called and they were back at the brewery they REALLY liked. They'd had dinner and it was only about 6pm but Doug said he was personally ready to crash after a long day. 

They went to the Gorge, they got lost, they got even more lost. They found a road out. They couldn't believe how far they went out of the way of where they were supposed to be. Everything was closed. Everything closed on December 11th. So the ranger station, any shops, any gas stations, any anything - they could find nothing. No food, water, anything (oh hey - I packed snacks for y'all where did you put them? oh, in the hotel room. Okay). 

They eventually found a town and ate "lunch" hours after lunch should be lunch at a Hardees, and made it back to Lexington for pizza and beer. 

Tomorrow they head to Mammoth Cave, and they get to travel back in time. Geoff confessed to me that he really doesn't understand time zones. Oh my goodness, honey. You are 25. Wow. Well, get ready to travel back in time an hour! Enjoy it!

And then. Of course. 

Of course my husband and son are out of town.
Of absolutely course, the smoke alarm in the basement is chirping for no discernable reason.
Of course, I'm too short to reach it.
Of course the step ladder is in the shed.
OF COURSE the backyard is flooded because we had a torrential rain storm over the last 24 hours (also, of course FedEx delivered a package to me and left it in the FLOODED backyard, instead of on my front porch while I'm sitting in the house. In the pouring rain. Of course).
Of course it starts chirping 3 minutes AFTER my property manager's office closes for the day.
Of course.

Sara and her son Henry came over for dinner at about 6:45, we ate and commenced to cookie decorating. I'm made them ziti and chicken parm. We ate and decorated like crazy for 2 hours. 

I'm sore and tired. 

this is how I feel! Sore and Tired. I'll post some fun pictures of cookies tomorrow. I'm beat! And all I can hear is that beep. Thank you emergency maintenance response team for your quick resolution of my problem. HA!.

digits

exercise

blood glucose:
9am: 175
5pm: 145
11:30pm: 221

food:
10am: yogurt
noon: metformin
12:30: apple, pbj on 647 bread
6:45pm: chicken parm, small serving of ziti, sauce, cheese, wine
9pm: forgot to take my metformin again after I ate dinner. oops.
11pm: 2 baby bell cheese circles (to try and help bring the blood sugar down).

No comments:

Post a Comment