Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Sleeping In and Guster Tour 2023

 I just couldn't do it today. 

I had no motivation to wake up and get to work. I let the dog out, messaged my team that I was going to be late, went back to sleep. I woke up a little before 11, right when I thought I might be ready to get to work. I feel like I needed that so much.

On our team, everyone gets the grace to say they're not feeling well, or they need a mental health day, or whatever. 

Sick, or Sick and Tired, or just Tired.

Very rarely do I take this opportunity. I work from home, I don't need to clean up, dress well, look good, ride a train. If I had to do that for sure I'd be calling out more often. 

Usually my brain is awake/alive enough for me to be able to work even if I feel crummy. Today, not so much. I just couldn't. 

It felt so good to sleep. Phin woke up at 9:30 and started to whine and moan that he wanted to go out, but I ignored him. He got up on the bed again, and went back to sleep himself. Then it was 11. 

We got our engines started and I got to work. It was a quiet day but a busy day with a big challenge that I still have not yet solved. It hurts my brain. I tried everything. No dice. Frustrated!

So I gave up and baked more cookies. I finished off the cut out cookie dough and made a double batch of toll house. I will make some peanut butter cookies tomorrow. My friend Sara is coming over and I want to send her home with a bunch. She loves my toll house cookies. I have to figure out who I'm shipping cookies to, and how many per human. I will be baking more, I'm sure!

Oh, and some band I like announced a tour in March and April and Wow. I'm going to a bunch of shows. A bunch. Huntington NY, Philly, Orlando & Ft. Lauderdale FL. Probably Norfolk VA. We even are thinking about the tiny venue in Key West but finding a place to stay in Key West is proving to be impossible. SO expensive! 

 Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Goodbye Credit Card. Goodbye Everyone. Goodbye. But hey. The tour art is cute.


digits

exercise: nothing tracked. My fitbit is 100% dead.

blood glucose:
11am: 153
5pm: 149
10pm: 132

food
coffee, water
11am: chicken salad.
noon: metformin
3pm: apple & peanut butter; protein shake
5:45pm: 4 small chicken thighs
6:15pm: metformin+jardiance
declaring a lil'bit of cookie dough scraped off the beaters and bottom of the bowl while baking toll house cookies. 
10pm: a whole ass toll house cookie that broke into small pieces. Had to do something with it!

2 comments: