Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Food Shopping and Planning

My son has started making dinner for us, it is 4:15. 

He has online class at 6:30, so he likes to have dinner before the zoom call. Be fully prepared. Not think about being hungry. But. 

4:15. It is 4:15. 

While in a meeting, I could hear him banging around, and getting bowls, and skillets out. Like, good gravy, kid. Where are we, the retirement home at Del BocaVista Phase II?

I shouldn't complain at all. I have gotten used to it this semester. And for the next two weeks, I'll be solo and will have to cook for myself and all that. So I give thanks for him. Tonight is mexican chicken. Alright alright alright. 

I'm thinking about groceries. I think my family needs to eat some leftovers and then I can go grocery shopping for me and meal plan. 

I'm thinking about what I want to make. Maybe a quiche with sausage, onion, goat cheese. I want to roast a chicken, with all the fixin's and then make stock again. I'm open to low carb suggestions - if you have any you want to throw at me, dear reader! 

Oh - and we've been out of salad things for a bit, so I'm super into a nice big romaine, tomato, cucumber, red onion, mess with maybe grilled chicken on top. Ooooo. Shrimp. If it isn't too expensive. Mmmmm. And BLT salad. I want a BLT salad. 

I also will probably order something for delivery. Our favorite thai restaurant went out of business, but we have a nice chinese restaurant that I love to order from so I am looking forward to some of that. 

One of my big things to keep in mind is Phineas. He really can't be alone, he flips out and tears things apart, so I'll have to kennel him if I go out. I know I'll probably need to do it at least once during the next two weeks, but I'd like to minimize having to do that. It's hard getting him into the kennel by myself, so I do not relish the task. 

Today's picture is what I got to see when I walked out after doing a call in the afternoon. It looked nice, so I snapped the shot. So cozy, warm, sweet, and happy. Digits below.

digits:

exercise: Dedicated 10+21. 

blood glucose:
9am: 201
4:30pm: 180
9:30pm: 157

food:
coffee, water 
11:30: pbj sandwich on Farmhouse Oat bread, (so many carbs but that's the only bread we have!); 2 good yogurt, blueberry
1pm: metformin
5:30pm: 1/2  a chicken breast, geoff's mexican style: breaded, bacon, spices & cheese
6pm: Metformin+Jardiance
6:30pm: ramekin of mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment