Friday, December 23, 2022

I would like a Da-QUEER-ee

 The boys got home after midnight, Doug and I stayed up until about 2:30am. He told me all about their trip, and the places they went. I was happy to hear everything. Great adventures. I can't believe they made it home in one day from New Orleans. And they got here while it was all still rain, no ice, safe. 

I messaged my boss at 7am when I took the dog out that I was going to get a late start today. I turned off my alarm and let myself sleep. I woke up when I heard Doug and Geoff talking in the living room. I'm not even sure what time Doug got up, sometime after I went back to bed I crashed. Deep sleep, wild dreams, and waking up to hearing their voices after not hearing them for almost 2 weeks was surreal. 

One of the many funny stories Doug shared with me was that they were walking down Bourbon Street on their last night in New Orleans, and Geoff said the next time that he goes there, he'd like to try a "Da-QUEER-ee." He kept seeing signs for Daiquiris, and saw people walking around town with them. 

"You could have one, you could have had one any time you wanted." Doug said, "and it is pronounced Da-kerrie."

Doug couldn't help but laugh. It reminded him of a time my sister was reading off a menu years ago and ordered "Mon TERRY Jack cheese." Emphasis on the Terry. Sometimes when you read you don't know how something is pronounced. So you do your best. Geoff was very little once, and ordered a Black Anus burger, instead of Black Angus. It's adorable. Gentle, kind, innocent. I absolutely love it. Picturing him going into a bar and ordering a Da-QUEER-ee. It brings my heart joy and warmth. 

Today, the workday was light, slow. Our department head gave us the permission to stop working at 2 so... I worked until 3. In theory, I have to get to the post office, but first I have to pack boxes. And ... to be honest... a big nap was more important.

Post office is open tomorrow, right? not like the stuff will make it to anyone before Christmas anyway. 

Doug brought home a bunch of goodies. Praline butter, gin, bourbon, whiskey, beer beer beer. Fantastic stuff. I'm havin a gin and tonic with gin he picked up, it has rhubarb and botanicals. 

My friend in Washington state who I met through the BNL and Guster discussion boards sent me this wonderful card. She doesn't use the social medias much anymore but is always there. I would love to fly out west and scoop her up and go to a couple of shows together. 

What a delightful little gift. 

Digits below.

digits:

exercise: none. sleep.

blood glucose:
10am:177 
5pm: 175
11:45pm: 165

food:
coffee, water
12noon: slice of quiche, metformin
2:30: 2 toll house cookies (there was an uneven amount. had to ... even it out). 
7pm: baked stuffed chicken breast (w/stovetop stuffing), gravy, corn niblets; metformin+jardiance
rhubarb gin & tonic
7:45pm: trail mix (with raisins)
8:15: more trail mix
9:15: protein shake




No comments:

Post a Comment