Thursday, December 01, 2022

Rocketship

 Today we launched two websites. We are literally going to the last minute here, and cramming all our work in for the year's end, before the tech moratorium that begins the week before Christmas. It is ... challenging and fun and overwhelming and fulfilling. But honestly, we had 9 months to do things and now we are like that Kermit The Frog flailing his arms around gif.  

Only Kermit was excited about a musical guest or something and I'm Kermit losing my mind. 

Thank you internet, that is the most perfect thing ever. 

Here's my day. 

The dog woke me up at 6:30am, and I told myself I could be up and awake for the day but in my heart of hearts, bed was nice. I went back to bed, cuddled with him, played with my phone, and slept until the alarm went off at 8:40.  Had the wildest dreams between 7:30 and 8 something. I should really teach/train myself to just stay up if it is after 6am. Right? I mean. Right? Just get up, drink coffee, become awake and alive. Go Go Go.

9:15am, I hit the shower after coffee, dressed and ready by 9:27. I had a 9:30 meeting with the team to talk about the two launches. I had a ton of work to do before hand. I'm slightly panicked. I'm worrying about one site. 

Meetings, documentation, 10am: site launch, success!!!   11am: I went to get a snack, I got more coffee. Got distracted, noon Meeting. noon Meeting canceled. Reclaimed hour! Goofed off. Talked to Doug. Ate a sammitch. Ate another sammitch. 1pm: Next launch. Ohhhhh. Not perfect. Not a success. Well, not a crash and burn, but. Ouch, not perfect. 

Alright, okay, alright okay. Another check in with another project. Chatted with my co-worker's 5 yr old son (almost 5) and he told me he loves me and that made me happy.  A lot of the broken things that happened with the 1pm launch are kind of fixed and need more work that fall outside of our purview, but we continue to monitor. 

3pm: another meeting. 4pm: met with the work bestie to go over things I need to get her by noon tomorrow that I'm waiting for other people to proof and approve. 

Dinner! Geoff cooked most of it, but had me do the sauce. Wolfed the meal down, back to work. I hadn't touched helpdesk tickets since Monday so I had to dive in and get caught up. I am still answering tickets right now, but also flipping back here to the blog or looking at Facebook or chatting with my sister. 

 


digits

exercise: dedicated 10+8. made myself do it late in the day. 

blood glucose: 
9am: 178
5pm: 178
10:30pm: 173

food:
coffee, water
11:30am: 2 good berry yogurt
12:30pm: 2 peanut butter and low sugar jelly sammitches on 647 bread; metformin
5:30pm: beef stroganoff (w/ some egg noodles under it); wine
7pm: Metformin+jardiance
7:15pm: mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment