Wednesday, December 21, 2022

On The Way Home

First, today is my baby sister's birthday. 

Her SIL bought dinner for her and Ronnie at a restaurant very far away from where they live, but, it was worth it. They do theme dinners, and Linda and Ronnie went to the Christma Story theme night. 

Even Santa was surprised. As you can see.

So happy birthday baby Linda, you are a delight to all. Happy happy day, my love.

Doug called me this morning to let me know they were going to cut the trip short. Initially the plan was to go to Florida to Tallahassee or Pensacola tomorrow, and then head home Friday, stop in Knoxville, maybe, and finish the trip on Saturday.  

They're going to leave super early from New Orleans tomorrow morning and head straight home, most likely, hopefully, not stopping. They are disappointed, but, it makes sense. Maybe. 

The weather across the entire 1/3 of the country is going to be rain, sleet, ice, and snow. I actually told him I thought he should wait it out down there and head home Saturday, arrive home Sunday as my Christmas present. He thought it would be best to not tempt fate. I don't know. 

So they've had a blast. I'm super happy for them. I'm glad they were/are having fun. And to be honest, I enjoyed my time alone but for it to be cut short and have them come back it isn't a disappointment. 

I went to the market tonight. I was trying to do an order online to pick up in person, but I needed a spiral ham, and the only one they had was one that was 9 bucks a pound so it came to like ... 40 bucks! The hell? 

The ones that were .89 cents a pound were sold out online. Damn. The only spiral hams were 9.99 a pound and that meant it would cost 50 bucks or something if I ordered it online. Boooooo. I canceled my online order for curbside pickup, and I thought I'd just go... in person. 

In order to go to the market, I'd have to put the dog in the kennel. It was easier than I thought it would be, I managed to get him in with minimal coaxing, and no biting and flailing. I left immediately before he could start howling and crying, and I headed to the store. It was mobbed. 6pm is not the time to go to the market. 

In person, I found the spiral ham that was like 9.99 a pound, but with the member card it was a butt ton less. Damn. While I couldn't figure that out for how to purchase it online like that, here I was in person to buy a big ass ham for 10 bucks. 

I also bought more flour, more butter, and a bunch of snacks that I don't need, but the Boys may like them when they get home. I'm going to make a quiche tomorrow, and if they are hungry when they get here there will be options. 

Looking forward to my guys. This morning, Doug told me that he realized he hadn't taken Geoff to Bourbon Street. They'd gone all over the place, from Bywater to Irish Channel, but hadn't gone to Bourbon. "It's 11am here, we'll go out for lunch and walk down Bourbon. It won't be as exciting as night time, but he'll get to see it." I asked if they were going to see Touchdown Jesus, and he said he'd take him, but I said you have to go at night to see it! That's the TOUCHDOWN part of things! So I hope they'll be there tonight to see. 

Doug sent me pictures of the riverboat Natchez, which we didn't go on (we did a different one) and it is all decked out for Christmas. So pretty. And they were in Jackson Square where a street performer needed a hand, so Geoff helped out. And he sent me a picture of a possum. He sure knows how to sightsee. 

I hope they enjoy their last night fully, and out run the storm. Maybe. Keep them in your thoughts.

Digits below. Below, whatever this is:

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+5, but 83 "zone" minutes (grocery store and walking in the house).

blood glucose:
8:30am: 191
5pm: 211
10:30pm: 185

food:
coffee, water
10:30am: yogurt
5:30pm: protein shake
7pm: 2 chicken thighs, spinach salad with tomatoes, goat cheese, pepitas 
wine
9pm: handfuls of Pepitas

No comments:

Post a Comment