Monday, December 12, 2022

It started with toothpaste

Last night, I did something I've never done before. I created an account online with the local grocery store, and built a shopping list of things I discovered I need. Even though, I did a boatload of shopping. I always discover I need things. 

I needed toothpaste after all. 

In addition to the aforementioned toothpaste, I also did need flour for the monstrous amount of cookies I am baking. I had neon/spring colored food coloring but I didn't have the traditional red/yellow/blue/green. Neon Christmas Trees are weird. But I'd do it if that's all I had. I had eaten a lot of the M&Ms I'd bought. So I would need more for the red noses of rudolph, and the "ornaments" on the Christmas Trees, as I make them. 

I talked to my friend Sara, and she and her son Henry are coming over Wednesday night to decorate. I pointed out that it would be dinner time when they were coming over, so I offered to make dinner. I'm going to make a baked ziti and garlic bread for them. So I needed ziti and bread, and ricotta, and mozzarella. As a result, I now think her husband is going to come with too. Maybe. It'll be fun.

So yeah, I needed a bunch of stuff. And a bunch more. I've edited the order a couple of times because I keep saying "oh yeah, I need that, oh yes, this too. Oh I forgot to add..." 

It started with toothpaste.

So I set up that account, and went online shopping. Another 100 plus bucks pulled out of my wallet (after spending 300 bucks at Target on Friday, and 300 plus at Giant in person on Saturday morning. Jeesh).

Today I had a contractor at the house redoing the tile in my bathroom around the tub, and fixing the ceiling in Geoff's room. He was quiet, meticulous, didn't speak english much, but he did a hell of a job. He noticed my front door knob was loose, and went and got a drill and fixed it up before he left.  Kudos dude! Thanks! My house smells a little chemically right now, the bathroom door is closed and the exhaust vent has been running. I want to clean the shower (and the floor, and the sink etc...) so I may get up a little early tomorrow to do it. 

I went to pick up the grocery order at 6pm, easy peasy lemon squeezy as Sara always says. Got everything I wanted, somehow got 2 little bags of fingerling potatoes instead of one but ... it could be worse.

And I got my toothpaste. God is in his heaven, and all's right with the world. 

Tonight, instead of watching tv, I decided to roll out and bake cookies for a little while. Get some out of the way tonight and more out of the way tomorrow.  

And here is the evidence of it starting. Got all the greens cut out with trees, and the small amount of blue I set up with stars. I've got purple that I'm going to make moons. Lots more to do but I went through about half of the dough I had. If it wasn't 11pm, I'd keep going. But off to bed. Will I wake up early? or

digits:

exercise: Dedicated 10+7 while cookies were baking, I did steps!  I wasn't going to do it but. it worked out time wise.

blood glucose:
8am:195
4:45pm: 160
10:15pm:150

food:
coffee, water
8:30am: 2 good strawberry yogurt
11am: big bowl of chicken salad (mayo, cream cheese, diced apple, walnuts)
noon: metformin
4:45pm: apple
5:30pm: 2 bowls of turkey soup (the end of the turkey soup!!!)
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
10:30pm: a bowl of chicken salad

No comments:

Post a Comment